Metal 2016

That was a freakishly good Metallica impersonation, but I doubt the record sounding like that would have made much of a difference. People just fixed upon the production as their point of criticism because it's easier to point out specific production flaws than general songwriting shortcomings. Had Ride the Lightning been produced by Rick Rubin nobody would have given a shit about the tinny snare sound because the songs themselves kick arse.

I thought that album cover looked a bit dark for the direction he had went. Might give that a chance. I do like their first couple releases.

So I finally just listened to that Metallica song. Have expectations really fallen so low for them that people like that song?

We're so fucked, shit out of luck.

How is it that he's 50 writing lyrical garbage like that. And that line only stuck out because he repeated it a bunch of fucking times.

We're so fucked. Store didn't have the the purse my wife wanted. Shit out of luck.

We're so fucked. Cursed too many times in this song for it to be radio friendly. Shit out of luck.

Metallica 1986:

"Time for lust, time for lies
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat
BOW TO LEPER MESSIAH!"

Metallica 2016:

"WE'RE SO FUCKED
WE'RE SHIT OUT OF LUCK"

Yeah, the same could be said for your lyricism.

Reactions: nizzon
I dig the new Darkthrone for sure..The Metallica song ain't bad but, did it sound a bit Pantera-ish in the beginning? Maybe I'm just too drunk.

Metallica 1986:

"Time for lust, time for lies
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution and you'll get a better seat
BOW TO LEPER MESSIAH!"

Metallica 2016:

"WE'RE SO FUCKED
WE'RE SHIT OUT OF LUCK"

Yeah, the same could be said for your lyricism.

Metallica are so fucked and shit out of luck, really ?. Who would have thought.