Metal 2016

Re-listening to them now because I haven't done for years. Pretty braindead, but I can see why someone might find them fun actually. Slaughter the Weak might end up being something I return to when I just need something stupid and primal and digestible to listen to.

This isn't proof I'm wrong. Empirical evidence is required.

Pretty sure you're pulling my leg there, but for what it's worth I was sort of agreeing with you actually. At least Jungle Rot are good at what they do (which happens to be something stupid, but regardless), whereas Vader are unexceptional.

https://www.facebook.com/1010751899...1825.101075189934422/1193217527386844/?type=3

Hi folks, it's time to talk a bit about our new album - and as I don't like to talk or write about music much I can say that it is more serious and primitive than usual. Vocals are only done by Ted as I thought this would create a more solemn/introvert atmosphere. The album is called ARCTIC THUNDER because it is my fave bandname (old mega-obscure Norwegian band from the 80s that I asked the permission from to use as an album title). Meanwhile here is the cover, it is from the personal camping archives from a trip some years ago to SPÅLSBERGET in Nordmarka. IT has the usual spruce-tree skyline and also a bonfire - there will be another limited colour version with orange logo and title, because that was MY favourite colour, but the usual release looks like this in silver - as this was Ted's favourite version.

13886376_1193217527386844_1401348935567860413_n.jpg

Fuckin great. I feel like they may try to return to an older sound though judging by the feelings they've been laying out so far. I'm in the minority that hopes they don't do this. Also, can't look him up right now, who's the vocalist they're slobbering over?

Reactions: CiG
Nocturno Culto's name is Ted. And yeah I'm with you, I'd rather they continued expanding upon the new style than tried to duplicate something they're no longer good at (and which has been duplicated by other bands enough times already).

Reactions: CiG and Krow
The problem with Morningrise is that some tracks could have ended a few minutes sooner, especially Black Rose Immortal. There's a point where it could have ended perfectly and kept going for another 5 minutes.
When I first got Morningrise it was a tape someone copied for me. I was mildly shocked when I bought the CD and found out there weren't 20 songs on the album..

Reactions: CiG