Metal 2016

Anyone know why we haven't had a Hypocrisy album in like 6 years?

3 years! They released End Of Disclosure in 2013, and it was pretty damn awesome!
Since then Peter has been busy on his new project with the Ramstein-singer, Lindemann, they relased an album 2015 and he has also been working on Pain, they released an album this year. I hope we will se a new Hypocrisy album next year or 2018.
I saw them live last time they played in Stockholm, fuck me it was heavy, best and heaviest sound I have ever heard live.

Last edited:
Went on a run today on non-extreme metal that's been recced a lot on here and Shreddit- specifically Khemmis, Eternal Champion, and Sumerlands.

I've gotta say I rather enjoyed Eternal Champion. It won't make my top-10 albums of the year list, but certainly an honorable mention. Khemmis and Sumerlands weren't bad, but there just wasn't anything driving me to continue listening...

In any case, top 10 of the year at this point is:

Cobalt
Mare Cognitum
Moonsorrow
Oranssi Pazuzu
Sunnata
Urfaust
Vektor

The last 3 spots require more listens. Contenders are Audon, Zhrine, Forteresse, Fyrnask, Zaum, Uada, Kvalvaag, Death Fortress, Howls of Ebb, Destroyer 666, Spaceslug, Hyperion, Irkallian Oracle, Grand Magus, and Kalmankantaja.

In any case, top 10 of the year at this point is:

Cobalt
Mare Cognitum
Moonsorrow
Oranssi Pazuzu
Sunnata
Urfaust
Vektor

The last 3 spots require more listens. Contenders are Audon, Zhrine, Forteresse, Fyrnask, Zaum, Uada, Kvalvaag, Death Fortress, Howls of Ebb, Destroyer 666, Spaceslug, Hyperion, Irkallian Oracle, Grand Magus, and Kalmankantaja.

Not a bad list. May I recommend the following: Mithras, Schammasch, Deathspell Omega, Chthe'ilist, Oak Pantheon, Obscura, Sheidim, Stortregn, Vanhelga, Grave Miasma..

Last edited: