Metal 2016

Agreed man. Metal lost a true legend.

Peter Steele was indeed a legend but I have to say that not everything he released did it for me. The 'Dead Again' album for instance was simply terrible. My friend and I actually had a ritual burning of one of our copies where we actually set fire to it. Good times. 'October Rust' is in my top 3 of all time though.

I can't wait for the new Borknagar. 'Urd' was a great album and I love the three pronged vocal attack - it works so well. Such an interesting band. The new Rotting Christ album interests me a lot but I'm not looking forward to any more of those recycled riffs they keep trotting out on the last few albums. I presume Fleshgod Apocalypse will put an album out in 2016 too which will easily be my most anticipated.

Although I'm still only just catching up with all the great releases that came out this year!

Reactions: Evil Dead
I want to like the new Rotting Christ but those vocals are just bad. The band being beyond past their prime doesn't help either...

I want to like the new Rotting Christ but those vocals are just bad. The band being beyond past their prime doesn't help either...

I really like the vocals so that's not a problem for me. I'm getting a little tired of the same riff progression/structure that they have on a good 80% of their songs from the last three or four albums, and the new song 'Elthe Kyrie' is exactly the same.

The thing is, it's a good structure and everyone (most) tends to love it and are all, "Rotting Christ are AMAZING", but if you listen to their albums from about 'Sanctus Diavolos' to this new one, the repetition is just crazy. In fact, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that I can't think of another band in metal that copies themselves to such an extent, and I'm including Slayer in that call. I'm surprised more people don't call Rotting Christ out on it.

Having said all this, I'll probably still buy the new one because it's a cool sound.

New Borknagar video featuring all four singers. I have to admit that the song was great, and the Norwegian scenery as beautiful as always!

This is amazing. I love Borknagar, especially since Vortex joined full time again for 'Urd'. The three vocalists are just brilliant (and of course Garm in this case too).