Metal 2016

gave the new In Flames a listen, I know they've been shit for years, but this shit is just embarassing. It's incredibly generic. Just no effort at all.

Reactions: Evil Dead
From the entire Hardwired album that leaked I only listened to Spit Out the Bone and it sounded really promising. It lasts 7:09 but I didn't get bored at any moment, really varied song.

From the entire Hardwired album that leaked I only listened to Spit Out the Bone and it sounded really promising. It lasts 7:09 but I didn't get bored at any moment, really varied song.

I wrote this in another forum...

"There are a few good tracks on the album but like usual there is loads of shit too. My main problem is that the songs are too long and a perfectly good song turns to shit because they HAVE TO make it at least 6min so they add shit leftover riffs with weird sometimes retarded bridges and it just falls apart.
And Lars lack of diversity shines like the sun, that snare following the riff you hear in the beginning of Bones is allover the album, its like Am I Evil mixed into every fucking song and it get so damn reptetive it makes me go insane."

But I think the first disc is good, Now That We're Dead is pretty damn solid, Halo On Fire is really good the first 3,5 mins but they fuck it up. They could have skipped many songs from the second disc and used the few good parts there to make it a more solid album, accept that you cant write riffs and songs like in the old days, stop being so damn pretentious and dare to write more short simple songs with the few good things you come up with. Damn its frustrating.

Last edited:
I heard 4 songs, I liked 2 of them. Moth Into Flame and Spit Out the Bone are really fine, the title track is weak and Atlas, Rise was really underwhelming. However, I have a good premonition of this album.

I though Atlas sucked but it has grown now that I listen to the album and heard the rest. Hardwired and Moth are good but Im kind of bored of them allready.
Here Comes Revenge has this awesome riff with nice drive but they fuck it up so bad with some weird retarded break/bridge that for some reason takes over the song, they use similar stuff in other songs. Its like they dont know where the songs are going and just patch things together and add shit to mix things up, some songs are so disjointed.
They need a producer that is honest and dare to tell them when stuff isnt good enough, they can obviosuly write good riffs but fail to put the shit together.

Last edited:
gave the new In Flames a listen, I know they've been shit for years, but this shit is just embarassing. It's incredibly generic. Just no effort at all.

It's even worse than Siren Charms. And it says it all as SC was fucking garbage. Thought they couldn't get any lower from there..

Pretty much. It has no balls. At least Come Clarity was somewhat heavy.

My buddy is arguing with me that Battles is no different from Come Clarity but it is in every respect.

In Flames has sucked since the day R2R came out. Total mystery of a band. Go watch 1999 live footage on the Colony tour. They were INSANE. The amount of energy coming through was nuts. Anders was on the top of his game. Then he got fat, started to try and sing, and grew a beard with a nice little matching baseball cap like a chump. WTF happened to him? He also started writing SHIT lyrics compared to the first few albums (which have some amazing lyrics if you read closely). I will stick to bands like Wolheart, Be'lakor, Omnium Gatherum, Insomnium, ATG if I want this type of metal these days.