Metal bands with female singers that I like

Poor ol' Marcie...she's such a misunderstood...person! :lol: I read somewhere where "Marcie" was re-uniting with Unruly Child for another album.

i agree, he/she still has one of the best voices out there! and yes, UC has signed with Frontiers for new album at some point.

and if i can work my connections watch for Unruly Child debut reissue on Divebomb at some point. i already have it remastered. :headbang:

The Devil's Blood are an occult rock band that border on metal. I saw them open for Pentagram last year and they blew my mind. Their EP Come,Reap is awesome and the follow up Time of No Time Evermore is great as well.

No mention of Venturia? They sound awesome, tight, have great melodies, and the chick sounds and looks sexy as hell. They are a guilty pleasure on many fronts!

No mention of Venturia? They sound awesome,....

HELL YESS!!!! I have been trying to push them on here for a while now. !!:headbang:

They are just made of awsome. they worked their way up to one of my fav bands in no time. I keep Hybrid in my car at all times cause it can always make my day better.

Seven Kingdoms lol, is it ok to be a fan of your own band?

You know, honestly there aren't a whole lot of female fronted bands that I really like.. I don't know what it is, but a lot of them just don't catch my attention.

I like Luna Mortis, until they went and broke up :/ I like some Nightwish...
I want to hear some female fronted POWER Metal bands, I'm growing tired of the cliched goth and pop Metal stuff..

I forgot to mention D:S:O... and Jex Toth.... and The Gathering.... and Solstice.... and Spektrum...

Damn... I guess I like more female fronted bands than I thought.

Seven Kingdoms lol, is it ok to be a fan of your own band?

You know, honestly there aren't a whole lot of female fronted bands that I really like.. I don't know what it is, but a lot of them just don't catch my attention.

I like Luna Mortis, until they went and broke up :/ I like some Nightwish...
I want to hear some female fronted POWER Metal bands, I'm growing tired of the cliched goth and pop Metal stuff..

That is true, I wonder if there are any other power chick bands out there.....hmmmm teh interwebs go!

I'll second (or third?) mentions of Amaran, The Devil's Blood, Madder Mortem, and Diablo Swing Orchestra.

The Swedish band The Provenance is rarely mentioned, but they should be.

Once in a blue moon, I'll even enjoy Crisis.

LOL at Pate's mention of KJLb (his first name is Kevin).

If we discuss non-metal rock bands, I'll add Heart and Skunk Anansie.

Also, Arise From Thorns/Brave

I've lost interest in most female-fronted bands apart from the ones I started out on, but I still adore Madder Mortem. :worship:

They are also my favourite active female-fronted metal band (and one of the most original ones, too).

Fear Of God (RIP)
+ Dawn Crosby's (RIP) first band Détente
Atrox (Monika Edvardsen-era, with "Terrestrials" being my overall favourite metal album)
Midnattsol
Stolen Babies
Bergtatt (a mixture of folk, rock and metal)
Ava Inferi
The Gathering
Chastain (Leather Leone-era)
Nemesea (only their debut "Mana")
The Third And The Mortal (anything released after "Tears Laid In Earth" can't be considered metal anymore, but I like it a lot nevertheless)

Defunct bands:
Dreams Of Sanity
Ice Age
Meanstreak
Sacrilege (UK)
Znowhite