"Metal Evilution" appreciation thread

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Promoters like Dave are waaaaaay too few and far between. Although I doubt most of us will ever know the full reason behind his decision, the least we can do is show our appreciation for the definitive Manager of Steel and hope for the best for him.

Dave... cheers :kickass:

Show some love peoples!

Heres to you Dave!! :D
You're one of the most friendliest and sincere people I've met since moving here! And a fucking awesome promoter!

after some initial shock i can not properly say that this is a real loss for the community and i too hope that you stay involved with the scene that loves you.

p.s. i still want you to have my babies

I'm quite shocked by Dave's decision to end Metal Evilution but I'm sure that he's given it a lot of thought and would have not been an easy thing to do.

I hope that you still have plans to be involved in the Sydney/Australian metal scene because it would be a great loss for everyone if you stopped altogether (I couldnt possibly see that happening).

Anyway, you know what I think of you Dave. You're absolute champ and easily one of the most loyal/dedicated people I know.

Appreciated :)

A worthy thread!

Dave has been a friend of mine for many years, even before Metal Evilution started so it was a big thrill to do shows under the Metal Evilution banner. Metal Evilution was one of the few promoters in the country that we would just do shows for at face value with no contracts or guarantees because we trusted Dave would do such an awesome job; it would just turn out great - and it did, every time.

Cheers for your efforts, Dave! I'm saddened by the news and I do hope everything's OK for you. If you ever plan on doing something like this again, you'll always have the full support of myself and LORD with whatever you do!

3 cheers for a fucking legend of the Australian Underground Metal Scene! :headbang:

The Aussie metal scene is never going to have as big of a champion as Dave organising gigs again. Getting pissed at Daves gigs on weekends and meeting awesome new people there over the last couple of years have made life much more awesome. I remember one gig I was having the most shitest weeks of my life and the combination of awesome bands plus some good friends made it better. We should chip in and get Dave the most Brootal metal gift ever I just don't know what. Anysways Dave you are a champ all the best for the future mate

sad to see it happen.
one of the finest promoters i've known.
glad i got to see alot of gigs you put on man.
cheers for the enjoyment we have had over the years.:kickass:

Sad, sad news indeed!

Dave, you know that I think you're a fucking champion and I've loved all the shows you put on that I've been too (which was quite a lot) and I wish nothing but the best for you in the future.

All i can say is that i love you man and hope everythings alrite. Im sure you know how much i enjoyed your past gigs, but Watto said it all, they gave me and opportunity to meet new people, some of which i have come very close to.

Hey i too have had my life changed buy hanging out at your gigs man. Your gigs have definately been among the best of the gigs ive been to. Though im sure the death of this past rule of brootal metal carnage is definately not the end. Rather a new beggining of what is to come. there is no way such a dude can missplace such royal dudeness...

Doug and all are right, you're a deadset champion. You've worked your arse off for years for the benefit of other people and that is the kind of selfless generosity that sets a man apart from others.

Take care mate, stay true.

Edit: PS, onya Ferret for this thread. Best and most worthwhile thread in a long time.

dave's gigs are always my favourites
this sucks

also who's gonna put on my covers band at gigs? no one else will take me seriously!!

Yeah this is a really sad development - above all I hope Dave is ok.

Dave's role in the local scene was always appreciated by everyone, and his absence will be felt.

As a fan I always loved going to his gigs, they were always well organised and above all they were fun to be at.

As a manager he's always been great to deal with, having worked with him on several gigs, the guy is simply a class act professionally and a stand up guy who's worked tirelessly for years.

Well this is really unfortunate news and comes as much as a surprise to everyone in TM as it does all of you. I assure everyone that there's been no falling out between Dave and TM, Lycanthia or any band that Dave worked with. Dave is going through some personal stuff and just needs some time out. I really hope this isn't the last we've seen of Metal Dave.

I really admire everything that he's done with Metal Evilution. Everything he did was purely for the love of metal and money was never ever a priority. TM would not be where we are if it wasn't for the red haired metal warrior.
Heres to Dave!