Metal Family Members?

My brother always ends up listening to whatever I listen to. It took me awile to get him into any metal though. I think the first metal band he liked was Dimmu Borgir. He is still not fully into it but it is growing on him. He still takes me to shows though.

Metalhead ... ha ... I'm the only one in my entire family ... that includes the extended family of 8 grand-uncles and 5 grand-aunts and their children and grandchildren.

In my own family, my mum listens to 80's music and Chinese songs, my dad's into classical, my sis is into the current pop music, which ever is topping the charts this month or week, and my grandparents are into old chinese music from the 70s and 80s. Thankfully, my parents don't mind what I listen to, hehe, they even support me in choosing what I listen to and not just mindlessly following the conforming masses.

All my cousins etc all listen to the charts, Chinese, techno, trance, rap etc, the really crappy stuff. I'm the only purebreed metalhead in my family, pround to say. I guess being Chinese means that most of them do not dare to not fit into the mould.

Haha, my extended family members all think I'm satanic, evil etc, haha, I guess wearing the sign of the pentagrams and gothic clothings to family gatherings really isn't helping things ... but hey what can I say... I love being different.

The Lord Conqueror said:
I don't know if it's funny or what, but my sister is metal, and we've been into the same bands for the longest time, you know like "Dissection is bad-fuckin'-ass!", and then she'd be all like, "fuck yeah!", but the other day she was listening to Cadaver Inc., and I was making jokes about her listening to Satyricon, and then she got kinda pissed at me because I said that 'Discipline" and 'Rebel Extravaganza' sound similar in spots. I don't know, its just weird I guess, I can do black, I can do death, but I can't do blackened death for some reason.

So I guess my question is this: Does anyone else here have metal family members? And how varied are their tastes from you?

LC

(If you read this, DarkAdder, forgive me, I am not as trvv necro blak kvlt as I should be at times) :)
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH SATYRICON?! THEY FUCKING OWN YOU! :mad:

MURAI said:
Yes, a lot of Chinese/Japanese people I met are into Japanese pop and rap. :puke:

Yeah... I can proclaim with pride
"I am a METALHEAD!" \m/
firedevil.gif
\m/ ...

**** being a conforming sheep.

Well, my big brother got me into metal... Kinda. When he moved he left some various stuff behind, among those was Ozzy's Bark At The Moon on cassette. But I think I can quite surely say he doesn't care for metal anymore...

My older bigsister... Well, she's kinda mystery to me. She got the Stratovarius compilation when it came out, though.

My other sister is also partly responsible for me getting into metal. She doesn't mind some classic Maiden every now and then.

My parents don't care much for metal either. Although once my mom heard the bit of Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy name where Bruce goes woooo and she said (more or less) "Goddamned what a voice!" :D

Well, I am the only "true" Metalhead in my Family, my parents don't like the "noise", but someday my mother came in while I was listening Death - Individual Thouth Patterns (album) and she said: "Yes, when I was in your age, I listened to similar stuff." :D
My older Brother "infected" me with the rock/metal virus at the age of 7 with Queen, later Funpunk like Green Day or Offspring...later I borrowed Metallica's Master of Puppets and And Justice for all from him. But he did not listen metal much farther than the well-known stuff (Metallica, Blind Guardian,Sodom, local cult acts like Fracture :D )
Now he listens to everything he likes.

My younger brother is more on rock/crossover (Deftones are his faves, he also listens to Tool and other stuff, Hardcore like from Autunm to Ashes, but also Massive Attack and portishead), but sometimes I can turn him over to old school stuff - he also likes songs of Dark Tranquillity, Nevermor, Control Denied and meshuggah :)

My 18 yr old brother likes pretty much what i like, except he prefers power metal. but we usually can go to concerts together and we trade cds sometimes
my 10 yr old brother likes it too hahah. he thinks helloween lyrics are way too cheesy though and doesnt miss the chance to make fun of "future world"... he thinks sopor aeternus is hysterical, i think thats his favourite actually! he and my 7 yr old sister just adore "to a loyal friend" hahah
my sister likes lacrimosa but thats it. she likes britney and the back street boys :erk:

my dad likes classic music which is cool.
my mom likes elton john.
pukeface.gif

My dad offered me a Deep Purple best of CD when I turned 13 or something.. later on I got into metal, starting with Metallica mainly. My dad listens to classical music, and the Hard Rock stuff from when he was a teenager.. like Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin. My middle brother is more into Punk, but listens to metal sometimes, too. The youngest one is into whatever sells most and gets into the charts, really annoying. Ah yeah, did I mention that my middle brother is just an awesome dude? If not, I did so now :D

my dad likes Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Queen...

my brother likes stuff like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and progressive metal (with guiatr solos). I'd say he more likes old heavy metal. I managed to make him like some Dark Tranquillity songs like Lethe or Insanity's Crescendo, but tahts pretty much it for Death Metal. He and my parents thinks it sounds like young cows that are lowing :lol:

I'm pretty much a loner when it comes to likeing metal in my family :lol: But my dad does like the older traditional stuff like Racer X and Y.J.M.

im really the one one in my family that likes metal
my dad likes some zeppelin, acdc, pink floyd
and i was able to get my brother into glam metal like def leppard, dokken, poison, ratt, etc.

Only metaller in my entire family. My mum thinks its noise. My dad doesn't get bothered by it and enjoys a track or two I show him. I got my brother into some very mainstream stuff like metallica, iron maiden, sabbath and the likes.

My dad likes Opeth/Mastodon/Dream Theater etc but he mostly listens to older prog bands. My sister listens to lots of melo-death and horrid female fronted stuff. My uncle was all into Carcass/Exhumed kinda bands but he was so metal he drank him self to death. >_>

and I was making jokes about her listening to Satyricon

oh come now, satyricon isn't that bad :p

as far as my family goes. My mother raised me on led zeppelin, KISS,and guns n roses. I honestly can't remember how i got into metal. My father listens to anything on mainstream pop radio and my younger sister listens tho that materialistic, unintellegent crunk/Rap (retards attempting poetry) garbage.

My dad likes Opeth/Mastodon/Dream Theater etc but he mostly listens to older prog bands. My sister listens to lots of melo-death and horrid female fronted stuff. My uncle was all into Carcass/Exhumed kinda bands but he was so metal he drank him self to death. >_>

your dad is F*cking hardcore

i grew up listening to the Rolling Stones, Queen, The Doors, Deep Purple, U2,... because it was the music my parents liked.