metal for dummies part 1

what makes something metal? would be the next question on that topic...what if its punk vocals but metal instruments...or pussy instruments and metal vocals...or what if the band doesn't play metal but loves, dresses and acts metal?

Lamers5150 said:
what makes something metal? would be the next question on that topic...what if its punk vocals but metal instruments...or pussy instruments and metal vocals...or what if the band doesn't play metal but loves, dresses and acts metal?

What happened if slayer tomorrow realsed a song about falling in love and doing anything for love but still did their hard core style... Would it still be Metal?

Lamers said:
Well, dressing metal has nothing to do with the music a band makes, so no, they wouldn't be metal if they dressed "metal". As for their lyrics and music, i think the answer to that would go back to the very definition of 'metal'.

I´ll vote for the music making it metal. Clothes and lyrics have nothing to do with it. Then metal is such an enourmous musical genre.

Just ask Fantômas, their latest album is pink and the cover art is ridiculous. That or any other Patton project. Image has nothing to do with being metal or not. Still I do believe that Motley Crue was.....yeah, that.