Metal fucking Archives

Jreg said:
Good site, run by anal retentive dicks. They reject almost all of my reviews.

haha, sorry man but your review has to be pretty terrible for M-A to reject it

M-A is somehow even more unreliable than UM was in its darker days, I agree that it's severely fucking annoying

Jreg said:
Good site, run by anal retentive dicks. They reject almost all of my reviews.

Probably because your reviews suck. They don't want an english essay or anything, but they want at least some sort of coherence.

They let A LOT of shit reviews slip by (see: reqiuem99 or whatever his name is). The best resource for obscure Metal bands across genre lines, of course, but yes, it's overbearingly annoying to not have access to it for extended periods of time.

I'd have a really hard time without m-a x_x

Yeah, the reviews are occasionally shit and their genre definitions occasionally suck, but just for detailed band discography listings it's the best thing I've run into.

It's been working on and off forever. Now I just use http://www.bnrmetal.com. BNR might not have as many bands, but what's more positive about it would be the band line up's under the albums and no reviews.

It's kind of hard to get an idea on Metal-Archives when majority of the album ratings are very low. I'm not sure what the point is of rating an album you really dislike. There is a different between not liking an album and music actually being shit or whatever. The reviews are either very biased or harse. You can tell a lot of the reviewers all have the same attitudes,rules,regulations on what 'metal' music has to be. I'm not saying every review on the site is. I actually do not read reviews a lot on the site.

The Greys said:
I'm not sure what the point is of rating an album you really dislike.

Because otherwise all you'd have to go on is the views of everyone who is a fan of that release, so you'd never get an alternative opinion.

Although I agree, some of the reviews are pretty lame.

Hey Deron, why don't you do something productive for the Metal community for once and host Metal Archives? ;)

Dodens Grav said:
Hey Deron, why don't you do something productive for the Metal community for once and host Metal Archives? ;)

are you kidding he can barely fucking adequately host this site

polarity3 said:
are you kidding he can barely fucking adequately host this site

I would ask what YOUR purpose for being anywhere, at anytime, is...but I'm afraid you'd come to the terrible realization that you're a completely worthless individual and kill yourself. Wouldn't want that... :rolleyes:

Dodens Grav said:

I think I actually emailed and told them at one point if they needed to look into hosts etc. to let me know. Never heard back at all. I'd be interested to know how much traffic the site gets vs. what kind of server they are on.

Well obviously you need to actually visit their living quarters to get a direct answer and demand that they accept your services. It's your civic duty to the Metal community.