Metal in other languages (not english)

DC Metal

Melodic Death Metal Fan
Dec 19, 2006
Northern VA
www.agloco.com
What are some bands that you listen to that don't give in and sing in English?

The only one currently in my collection is Rammstein (German, of course), but I especially love them since I can understand most of the lyrics.

One band..really?

I listen to countless bands that sing in their native language. Too many to list but a lot coming from France, Norway, Germany...and many other countries.

Reactions: Blacken the angel
My music library consists of bands spanning about 40 different countries.

One thing I hate however, is when people read translated lyrics of a band from a foreign country and then criticize the lyrics. Nothing translates perfectly from its original language, so its pointless to judge them unless you can speak both languages.

There are a lot of great bands that sing in their native tongue. The most I know (and I listen to) play traditional-80's style heavy metal and come from the Eastern Europe or France. Let's mention some of them:

From Hungary

From the early 80's (or even 70's, if we speak for the pioneers P. Mobil) a lot of metal bands have started their career in this country and released very powerful albums. I recommend the first albums from Pokolgép or Ossian to every fan of good heavy metal. The most important hungarian bands are the following - all are active so I give the internet adresses where you can download mp3 and videos.

Pokolgép - Pokolgep ONLINE
Ossian - Az OSSIAN együttes hivatalos honlapja / Hírek
Kalapács - Kalapács együttes
P. Mobil - A P.Mobil együttes hivatalos honlapja
Pandora's Box - www.pbox.hu
Obstruction - www.obstruction.hu
Omen - Az OMEN együttes honlapja / Hírek
Morpheus - A Morpheus együttes honlapja
Stress - Üdvözlünk a honlapunkon

From Russia

I think that many here know about Aria, the "Russian Iron Maiden", who have released some classic heavy metal albums in the late 80's, early 90's (Îôèöèàëüíûé ñàéò ãðóïïû "Àðèÿ").

Some other worth checking bands from Russia, who have russian lyrics are:

Catharsis (power/neoclassical metal) - CATHARSIS. ÎÔÈÖÈÀËÜÍÛÉ ÑÀÉÒ / OFFICIAL SITE.
Kipelov (the band of the legendary ex-Aria singer) - KIPELOV.RU - îôèöèàëüíûé ñàéò ãðóïïû ÊÈÏÅËÎÂ
Master (power/thrash metal) - .:: Ìàñòåð - íîâîñòè ::. and of course
Kruiz (thrash metal) - http://kruiz.gaina.narod.ru

From France

Same here. Many good bands at the 80's, but the most of them have split up very early. Only Trust (heavy metal - www.trust.tm.fr) and Killers (power/speed metal - SITE OFFICIEL KILLERS) continue until today and release great albums.

The bands that have split up and I recommend are

Sortilege
Blaspheme
High Power
Satan Jokers

Another legendary speed metal band from France, ADX, have recelntly reformed and as I learnt gave some shows in their country.

Ouf, that's for the start, perhaps I forgotten something, but I 'll be back. :)