Metal in other languages (not english)

a ton of bands. it sucks because I'd like to read their lyrics because its all pagan and cool and stuff. some bands like Kroda translate their lyrics in the booklets and such. but still. cant really sing along to it.

Turkish bands that sing partly or wholely in Turkish.

Mezarkabul - Turkish Heavy Metal
Nekropsi - Turkish Progressive thrash
Consume - Turkish Grindcore
Crossfire - Turkish Thrash
Cenotaph - Turkish Death Metal
Moribund Oblivion - Turkish Death Metal
Antilsilence - Turkish Crossover / Thrash

Don't forget Spain. Baron Rojo, Angeles del Infierno, Muro, Silver Fist are very good bands.

From Argentina check out Rata Blanca, Horcas.

There are also Brazilian bands that sing in Portuguese. I have the first CD from Stress, the first band from Brazil that released a studio album.

Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus
(translates to
Timo Rautiainen & Trio Neckshot)

They have all their albums in Finnish, but also two of 'em in German mixing songs from various albums:
'In Frostigen Tälern' and 'Hartes Land'.

From Hungary

From the early 80's (or even 70's, if we speak for the pioneers P. Mobil) a lot of metal bands have started their career in this country and released very powerful albums. I recommend the first albums from Pokolgép or Ossian to every fan of good heavy metal.

Todays Pokolgép deliver pretty kick ass heavy metal with some thrash influences and they do not need to look into their past as something what they "had". That is one of the bands I can say that have matured damn well! I just hope that the "nice persons" at Hammerworld would finally deliver me the Pokolgép CD's that others could finally enjoy them in CD format.

There is plenty of bands in Hungary who sing in Hungarian and I can honestly say that for some melodic & epic stuff Hungarian is very nice language. Dunno what the native speakers would say about that. :)

We have talked for Pokolgep some months ago, in another thread. I totally agree that the last three albums of Pokolgep (Csakazertis, Te Sem Vagy Mas, A Tulelo) have heavy metal of great quality.

And I have already ordered their new acoustic CD, Oblatio. :)

1.)Windir
2.)Tyr
3.)Thyrfing
4.)Vintersorg
5.)Falkenbach
6.)Asmegin
To name a few.

The majority of the foreign language, in my opinion, is in Viking, Folk, or Black metal from Europe.