Metal scene in Bangladesh

BDDEATH

New Metal Member
Nov 25, 2005
Hi everyone. I'm Arefin the bassist of a Bangladeshi death metal band named Necropolis. The metal scene in our country is probably at its peak right now. Most metal bands in our country are thrash, but there are quite a few death metal bands as well. Concerts usually feature 8-10 bands, with each band getting to do only about 4-5 tracks, most (or all) of which are covers (no one appreciates bands who do only their own tracks in our country, especially if the band is new and their tracks are unreleased). Most small bands promote themselves by releasing their tracks in mixed albums. I am hopefully releasing a split album with Necropolis next year.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read.

Where are the concerts? What are the crowds like? How are the recording conditions? Good luck on your release!

Most of the concerts are held in indoor auditoriums, and open air shows are rare. There are around 8-10 auditoriums where concerts are held. The largest turnout in an underground concert was around 1500. The kind of crowd actually depends on the venue, and the lineup of bands performing. If, for instance, there is an alternative rock band in a concert showcasing mainly metal bands, the crowd usually does its level best to make that band as miserable as possible. And there are some people who come to concerts just to discourage, taunt and insult some of the bands. There are only 3 or 4 recording studios which are up to the mark in terms of sound quality and facilities available. Anyways, thanks for the wishes!

Hey, BDDEATH, i heard about necropolis from a friend, though never saw or heard their song, as i am not in Bangladesh right now, guess you are new. Good to hear that you people are releasing a song in a mixed album. What is going to be the name of the album.

metu said:
Where are the concerts? What are the crowds like? How are the recording conditions? Good luck on your release!

As BDDEATH said, most ug concerts are held in auditoriam. About the crowds, it depends. Most ug lovers normally go to the concert for the love of music and they appreciate the crowd, but when a ug band performs in a mainstream rock concert it can be really a bad experience for the band. Former ug band like Artcell, Cryptic fate, Black, Stentorian who are really famous now and has big fan club, gets quite big audiance. Last time i was in a bd concert its more than 1,5 years ago. Dont know about the present condition. Open air concert has bigger crowd. Ive been in Artcell, Black concert where crowd was more than ten thousand. Any big open air concert consisting mainstream and ug band can get a crowd over twenty thousand. About the recording quality, what i want to say is, our biggest lacking. So many good musicians are doing good music, but in recording we are still backdated. I will post some song later.

I totally agree with bidrohy about the recording facilities available, especially to underground musicians. And as for the name of the mixed album...well not sure about it really. Its actually a self-financed album featuring six death metal bands (Voodoo Economics, Dripping gore, Severe Dementia (formerly 666) Annex, Satanic and us. Its hopefully coming out some time around June.