Philippine Metal Scene

It might be available in Powerbooks.

I found Iron Maiden's 16th album(that's their latest right? please correct me if otherwise) at Tower Records Shangri-La branch this morning. Out of joy, I picked it up. wahahaha. I was just happy to see a metal disc in a decidedly mainstream shop. :D

You mean Dance of Death? Oh Yeah, they are sold in the market here...

other titles are...
Metallica - Kill Em All, And Justice for All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Load, Reload, Black, S&M, Garage, St Anger...

Dream Theater - I think Train Of thought and Images and Words

Cradle of Filth - Vempire, Principle of Evil Made Flesh

Yngwie Malmsteen - War to end all wars and other I can't remember

Crowbar - one album

Sepultura - Revolusongs, Roots I think

Lacuna Coil - Comalies

others I can't remember but once I've found Flotsam and Jetsam's Drift album in Tower Records

Eto pa metal cds na sold locally:

JUDAS PRIEST - Angel of Retribution (shit, di pa ako nakakabili! Sa Tower lang ata meron nito)
MACHINE HEAD - Through the Ashes of Empires
PRO-PAIN - Run for Cover (covers album nila)
CROWBAR - Odd Fellow's Rest and Equilibrium
SEPULTURA - Chaos AD
FEAR FACTORY - Demanufacture and Digimortal
PISSING RAZORS - Evolution

and dozens of metalcore releases from Victory records(EARTH CRISIS, HATEBREED, STRIFE).

Plus ang dami kong nakitang DVD titles sa Marikina Riverbanks:

CANNIBAL CORPSE - Live Cannibalism
CARCASS - Wake Up and Smell the Carcass
ENTOMBED - Monkey Puss Live
DEATH - Live in LA (Death and Raw)
CRADLE OF FILTH - Heavy, Left Handed and Candid
EMPEROR - Emperial Live Ceremony
MAYHEM - European Legions
OVERKILL - Wrecking Everything
KREATOR - Live Revisioned Glory
SLAYER - War at the Warfield
MEGADETH - Rude Awakening
PARADISE LOST - Evolve
DREAM THEATER - Live in Budokan

plus more titles from: ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, HYPORISY, YATTERING, RHAPSODY, RING OF FIRE, YNGWIE, VAI, SATRIANI, DIO, BLACK SABBATH.

alvinbakal said:
Eto pa metal cds na sold locally:

JUDAS PRIEST - Angel of Retribution (shit, di pa ako nakakabili! Sa Tower lang ata meron nito)
MACHINE HEAD - Through the Ashes of Empires
PRO-PAIN - Run for Cover (covers album nila)
CROWBAR - Odd Fellow's Rest and Equilibrium
SEPULTURA - Chaos AD
FEAR FACTORY - Demanufacture and Digimortal
PISSING RAZORS - Evolution

and dozens of metalcore releases from Victory records(EARTH CRISIS, HATEBREED, STRIFE).

Grabe! Meron palang MACHINE HEAD na binebenta dito. Pakisabi saan meron. PLEASE. Matagal ko nang gusto magkaroon ng ganon.

Nakakita na ako ng PISSING RAZORS na cd but hindi ako sigurado kung bibilhin ko 'yun. Maganda ba? Nakabasa na kasi ako ng mga review pero mukhang 'di ako naimpress.

alvinbakal said:
Plus ang dami kong nakitang DVD titles sa Marikina Riverbanks:

CANNIBAL CORPSE - Live Cannibalism
CARCASS - Wake Up and Smell the Carcass
ENTOMBED - Monkey Puss Live
DEATH - Live in LA (Death and Raw)
CRADLE OF FILTH - Heavy, Left Handed and Candid
EMPEROR - Emperial Live Ceremony
MAYHEM - European Legions
OVERKILL - Wrecking Everything
KREATOR - Live Revisioned Glory
SLAYER - War at the Warfield
MEGADETH - Rude Awakening
PARADISE LOST - Evolve
DREAM THEATER - Live in Budokan

plus more titles from: ANATHEMA, MY DYING BRIDE, HYPORISY, YATTERING, RHAPSODY, RING OF FIRE, YNGWIE, VAI, SATRIANI, DIO, BLACK SABBATH.

And dami palang metal dvd's sa riverbanks. Ang alam ko kasi niraid na 'yon dati kaya nagsi-alisan na yung mga vendor kaya 'di na ako nakabalik. Pero bumalik na ba yung mga vendor? Sana naman nakabalik na sila and dami kong gustong bilhin.

@Bringer of War: I bought my copy of Machine Head's "Through the Ashes of Empires" at Music One SM Megamall early last year. You can try Tower and Music One branches. Maybe you can approach their customer service and have it ordered if it isn't in stock. It'll be easy for them to restock that title 'coz it was manufactured and distributed locally by Sony Music Phils.

Dude, kung ma-raid man ang mga dvd vendors sa Riverbanks sa umaga, sa hapon bukas na uli sila. Malalakas talaga ang loob ng mga vendors na yan. They were even open during the holy week!

@RosesofShadow: Ang corny nga nung Angel of Retribution na version na released dito e, regular version lang. In the US and Europe, there are two other versions: the first comes with a bonus dvd of a recent Priest performance. The second is a dual disc which plays the audio tracks on one side and the live dvd content on the other. Fuck, sana ma-release dito yung may bonus dvd!

@RosesofShadow: Yeah, that first single "Revolution" stinks. I also prefer the same tracks you mentioned. I even like the last song, the long and dirgey "Lochness". Were you able to download the entire album? I burned myself a copy already but I'm still definitely getting the cd.

@Rosesofshadow: That Kreator dvd is one of best metal dvds ever released. It's highly regarded because of how definitive it is. It has a complete concert, a video biography (most other metal dvds' band biography are just in text and you ahve to read it from the tv screen), a discography and all their music videos. I haven't seen the pirated dvd so I don't know if all of the features work. I was able to borrow an original copy from a friend and it is excellent.

hey... guyz... i'm filipino...
but i'm not really a pure metalhead...
straightXedge ako...

does anyone happen to know of any good metalcore bands in davao?
cuz i wanna go out and see people floorpunching instead of just standing there like idiots...

hehehe...
i'm a newbie... please don't hurt me...

alvinbakal said:
Roses of Shadow, Bringer of War:
I used to co-host Metal Madness. I was Mad Tyrant in that show. I quit at the start of the year 'coz I had a huge argument with the other main host, Mr. SLH whose knwoledge and appreciation for metal is limited only to prog metal and gothenberg melodic metal. We had an argument over the content of the show. Basically, he wanted to expose the listeners to metal thru Converge (who the fuck is this band anyway, are they even real metal?) rather than Overkill or Metal Church. Plus, he's a bible thumping born again christian who has an agenda to slowly integrate christian metal acts. I was able to successfully deflect any of his attempts to play christian metal bands simply for having christian messages in their songs rather than how good the actual music is.

The two girls who co-host the show are Dylan and Shiela, both or whom know absolutely zilch about metal. Dylan is the dj from NU. Shiela is an Aussie girl who's a fellow born-again xtian friend of SLH's. The only reason why she's on the show is coz she's SLH's friend and she asked him if she could be on the show. She told me this herself. To Shiela's credit, she actually likes some metal, but basically the same type of metal Slh listens to.

Metal Madness sucks now. If you listen to the show, notice how there is absolutely NO BLACK METAL COVERAGE. Well, that's aside from some Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth (who are not black metal anyway). I listened to some bits of the last episode and I noticed that they still used some material that I burned for Slh (the ORIGIN track in particular). Oh btw, most of the stuff that they play are from pirated cds. Slh is a huge moocher. He lives off the free stuff that Metal Disc gives to him. He had a falling out with the owner of Metal Disc a couple of months back after they gave him a lot of pirated cds in exchange for airplay and on-air promotion of the store. Slh didn't get to play any of the cds nor did he mention the store much in that show. I heard that he's mooching off them again so they may have kissed and made up. Metal Madness should change its name to Metal Sadness. He, he, he.

Roses of Shadow is right, don't bother listening to Metal madness. Listen to your own playlists, download metal from the net, buy the original metal cds whenever you can and if you have the means. Metal doesn't need radio. METAL DOESN'T NEED METAL SADNESS!!!

converge i think is a metalcore band that is an influential part of hardcore history...

what do you guys think of zao? christian metalcore sila diba?
sensya na, i'm just a fan of metalcore/hardcore...
sorry for posting as if i belonged here...

hydrogrind said:
I hear lots rip off from Davao City Phillipina, anyone know who ...?

isn't cranial incisored on purevolume?
are you a member? i actually really love your guyz music...
hey man, i'm from davao city!

i have a feeling that victory record dumps a shitload of stuff here in davao...

not complete, but i think they have albums from...

dead to fall (everthing i touch falls to pieces)
hatebreed (satisfaction is the death of desire)
integrity (bringing it back)
strife (one truth/ angermeans/ truth through defiance)
snapcase (designs for automation/ end transmission)
earth crisis (marami, but i forgot the titles)
freya (as the last light drains)
buried alive (last rites/ the death of your perfect world)
all out war (for those who were crucified)
a.18 (foreverafternothing)
waterdown (never kill the boy on the first date)
atreyu (suicide notes and butterfly kisses)
hoods (time the destroyer/ pray for death)
darkest hour (so sedated, so secure/ hidden hands of a sadist nation)
bloodlet (three humid nights in the cypress trees)

not really new stuff, and kakainis kasi wala pa yung mga bago tulad ng villainy and virtue ng dead to fall, condemned to suffer by all out war, and the curse by atreyu...

what really sucks is the fact that it is near impossible to find albums from trustkill and relapse...

oh, yeah, if anyone of you guys might want to know, there is also a small shop that sells metal videos...

they have...

six feet under
insision
carcass
meshuggah
poison the well
iron maiden
metallica
megadeth
anthrax
slayer
amon amarth
eighteen visions
deicide
cradle of filth
dimmu borgir
anata
behemoth
the dillinger escape plan
nevermore
shadows fall
mudvayne (aww come on, it's ok considering it's nu-metal)
chimaira
the black dahlia murder
glass casket
zao
martyr a.d.
atreyu
soilwork
in flames
hypocrisy
impaled nazarene
syconaut
killswitch engage
exhumed
lacuna coil
kataklysm
arch enemy
unearth
lamb of god
god forbid

ewan ko...
marami pa...

kumpleto ko kasi ang series...
mga 174 videos na ata napapanood ko...

xHEARTxISxDYINGx said:
i have a feeling that victory record dumps a shitload of stuff here in davao...

not complete, but i think they have albums from...

dead to fall (everthing i touch falls to pieces)
hatebreed (satisfaction is the death of desire)
integrity (bringing it back)
strife (one truth/ angermeans/ truth through defiance)
snapcase (designs for automation/ end transmission)
earth crisis (marami, but i forgot the titles)
freya (as the last light drains)
buried alive (last rites/ the death of your perfect world)
all out war (for those who were crucified)
a.18 (foreverafternothing)
waterdown (never kill the boy on the first date)
atreyu (suicide notes and butterfly kisses)
hoods (time the destroyer/ pray for death)
darkest hour (so sedated, so secure/ hidden hands of a sadist nation)
bloodlet (three humid nights in the cypress trees)

not really new stuff, and kakainis kasi wala pa yung mga bago tulad ng villainy and virtue ng dead to fall, condemned to suffer by all out war, and the curse by atreyu...

what really sucks is the fact that it is near impossible to find albums from trustkill and relapse...

oh, yeah, if anyone of you guys might want to know, there is also a small shop that sells metal videos...

they have...

six feet under
insision
carcass
meshuggah
poison the well
iron maiden
metallica
megadeth
anthrax
slayer
amon amarth
eighteen visions
deicide
cradle of filth
dimmu borgir
anata
behemoth
the dillinger escape plan
nevermore
shadows fall
mudvayne (aww come on, it's ok considering it's nu-metal)
chimaira
the black dahlia murder
glass casket
zao
martyr a.d.
atreyu
soilwork
in flames
hypocrisy
impaled nazarene
syconaut
killswitch engage
exhumed
lacuna coil
kataklysm
arch enemy
unearth
lamb of god
god forbid

ewan ko...
marami pa...

kumpleto ko kasi ang series...
mga 174 videos na ata napapanood ko...

Welcome to the UM board. Unfortunately, as alvinbakal said, this whole sub-forum is dying. Siguro, the challenge is for us to revive this subforum.

Pasensiya na kung di ako hardcore/metalcore follower. Pero siguro since nagsign-up ka sa metal forums, mas maganda kung mayroon ka ring basic knowledge and appreciation of metal. Pero meron din namang mga hardcore/metalcore fans dito, so don't worry.

May tanong nga pala ako. 'Yung sinasabi mong store diyan, ang tinitinda ba nila ay original videos? Dito kasi, ubod din ng dami ng metal videos pero ang problema puro peke.

Welcome again.

I'm sorry that I am not posting here often anymore because I am too busy with my work and my computer studies. Even in Filipino metal, I seldom post too. Well, if you want to revive it, maybe create more threads and I think Filipino metalheads here would post... or maybe just invite them to filipinometal.com?