Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

Oh I disagree, there are things Hetfield/Ulrich do that no one else can. It's something they do with the backbeat and the way they transition between riffs. It sounds simple once you've heard it yet it's nearly impossible for most people to do. They've been able to do it since day one and they do it better than anyone.

I understand what you're getting at from years and years of listening to Metallica, but it's hard to put into words. It's a rhythmic feel thing. James is really the timekeeper in that band and Lars is just a straight-up unskilled slugger- listen to AJFA and its dozen tracks a side of perfect rhythm guitars, and compare that to how tight the drumming is!- but it works somehow. It gives their rhythms personality and a certain feel, and there's something to be said for that. I'll bag on Lars with the rest of 'em, but in the end, I'm not sure I'd want to hear Metallica with a "good" drummer. The end result might lose more than it gains.

damn, my torrent is stuck at 98.8% since the beginning of the evening. Im anxious to hate it :heh:

i believe ripping, and uploading the music is illegal. infringes i don`t think downloading music is illegal yet. not in canada anyways

Damn you guys are lucky!
We are not even alowed to download stuff we have baught. :err:
And even bigger we are probably the worst country to be in when it comes to pirate stuff right now(Sweden.).

I wouldnt be surprised if someone got lifetime for downloading this album here in Sweden. :erk:

Damn you guys are lucky!
We are not even alowed to download stuff we have baught. :err:
And even bigger we are probably the worst country to be in when it comes to pirate stuff right now(Sweden.).

I wouldnt be surprised if someone got lifetime for downloading this album here in Sweden. :erk:

Come to brazil then, you can buy pirated stuff at most traffic lights, and on sundays, there´s this park where you can buy software, music, movies for around $2 a DVD. And even if you sell pirated stuff, you may go to jail for one night or so, and then you´re free to sell again :kickass: On other states, theres even shopping centers devoted to selling pirated stuff.

Come to brazil then, you can buy pirated stuff at most traffic lights, and on sundays, there´s this park where you can buy software, music, movies for around $2 a DVD. And even if you sell pirated stuff, you may go to jail for one night or so, and then you´re free to sell again :kickass: On other states, theres even shopping centers devoted to selling pirated stuff.

I don't think that's really :kickass:-worthy...

Thats actually a bit too much.
Even though I might pirate from time to time, I would NEVER EVER in this world PAY for a pirated copy, and give the money to some retard trying to earn cash on someone elses work.

I actually think that if you download something, and you think that it is good, you should pay for it.
Sadly enough, I dont have any money, because im a dropout(Have good reasons.), and im having troubles finding work(Because im a dropout.), so I just cant buy any more records as it is right now.
Although every single bit of music I have pirated, I will pay for, as soon as I can afford it(I wouldnt want anyone to steal my salory.).

After a few listening sessions i got to say i still dislike the mix/master, but the songs are pretty damn cool like!
favorite being judas kiss.

pretty much agree with everything GGI has said in this thread...
just wanted to add how disappointed i am by kirk. it's like he thought people would be satisfied with anything after stanger. also it sounds like hetfield is playing all the rhythm, so it's not like he had a lot to do in the studio. apparently he mostly improvised the solos, bad idea.

my favourite song i think is broken beat & scarred

godd 'ol john smith played it for me too.... i'm going to buy it. i get what they were trying to do with the production..l don't think they succeeded and i definitely don't like the results, but i think the songs are their best in years. i can see this growing on me.

REALLY surprised by this one. Granted, I'm one of like 4 fanboys who've liked everything they've done until St. Anger, but I was expecting something a little better than St. Anger, kinda forced and awkward, but generally moving in the right direction. But I think there are some truly fantastic songs on here. "Broken, Beat and Scarred" is probably my favorite.
Sorry guys...no parodies this time around.

I must say that my hopes weren´t up for this one, but damn! This is the first time in many years that I´ve felt really excited listening to new Metallica songs. It´s a damn shame about the mix, but in my book, Metallica really delivered on this one.