Metallica Fans........Uhhgg

I would agree with you there OfSinsAndShred. Jp's forum is intelligent with alot of good players.

Polyeidus said:
Although removing personal feelings from opinion and viewing a thing as subjective is in most people an impossibility. I as well as many others do not subscribe to the idea that all things are relative. If it takes a musician or a sound engineer to seperate the best from the even better, then so be it. There are in this world good, bad, right wrong, etc. It doesn't take great intelligence to decide this, only common sense.
So what are you saying? that SyX is better than Metallica?

(Damn, I can't beleive i've gone to such a low level :tickled: )
I don't think, this forum is much different. We have a lot of Anti-DT postings here and the majority of the threads here deal with "name your favourite prog band/guitarist/song/guitar solo etc.". I don't think there is a lot of intelligence here. There isn't even a lot of Symphony X talking going on here. Unfortunately...
Just a tip: Why don't you start some intelligent discussion?

The Yngster said:
I never saw what the big deal with Metallica was in the first place. It confuses the hell outta me how people can think they are the greatest band ever.
I don't think that Metallica are one of the greatest bands ever. But it confuses the hell out of me how anyone can think that the works of Yngwie Malmsteen have any musical value.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Just a tip: Why don't you start some intelligent discussion?

If there was an interesting and an on-topic-subject such as news from the band or the latest concert reviews I would.

But I won't start the 42nd poll asking to name the favourite song of Divine Wings of Tragedy just to flood the forum or discuss whether Metallica is, was or ever will be a great metal band.

But I guess some people just need this kind of talk because this forum is their only social contact point to the world.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
I don't think that Metallica are one of the greatest bands ever. But it confuses the hell out of me how anyone can think that the works of Yngwie Malmsteen have any musical value.

Bah, what do you know ;) :p Yngwie wrote some cool shit, especially his first 3 albums. But I do admit much of his newer stuff isn't quite as good (cept for the odd gem like Seventh Sign and Facing the Animal).

Frankly if people on this forum only stuck to posting when a new concert or review came out, there wouldnt be alot of discussion going on at all. And personally i like the fact that Symphony X fans have a point to come together and to learn a bit more about each other, so i dont see what the problem is.

Lord Of The Snow said:
If there was an interesting and an on-topic-subject such as news from the band or the latest concert reviews I would.

But I won't start the 42nd poll asking to name the favourite song of Divine Wings of Tragedy just to flood the forum or discuss whether Metallica is, was or ever will be a great metal band.

But I guess some people just need this kind of talk because this forum is their only social contact point to the world.

That's the point of this forum to talk, If we don't post whatever shit comes to our minds the board would go stale. Show a little bit of your intelligence and start some discussion, buddy :wave:

Uh, yeah?

heheh

Well, I have to agree :D but a lot of people won't share our opinion as you may know.

Lord Of The Snow said:

If you don't like this forum ... hey ... I got an idea........Don't post on it.:cool:

Personaly, I love it here as it is the only time when you can talk about SyX and Prog.

I'm glad that this board isn't all about overserious bearded geezers arguing whether the 285th note on the left guitar track of The Divine Wings of Tragedy was a bit sharp or a bit flat. :D

I don't get the whole "St. ANGER" thing. I heard it for the first time yesterday, and it was hilarious. Cheap Trick is angrier than anything on that CD.

I think my son said it best when he said that "St. Anger" sounded like System of a Down, but eve worse.

I agree with The Yngster. What was really ever that great about Moronica in the first place?

And, I won't even get started about how imbecillic Yngwie Bashing is. It's just a hobby for lemmings. (No offense, by the way. It just gets old and silly and a bit TOO trendy after a while.)

Tsc, tsc... this is definitely a collection of dumb words with dumb phrases, and dumb discussions (w/ exceptions, of course)!!!!!!!

I consider Symphony X the higher level of human-generated music, but that's not a factor that will decide the bands I'm gonna like or not! I mean, Metallica ruled my ears for the past 10 years, I dreamed hearing songs like Fade to Black, Whiplash, Enter Sandman, Wherever I May Roam (this is a deep song with profound lyrics), and not just because I started to like Symphony X, I'm gonna ban Metallica out of my life! I'm banning the NEW Metallica of my life 'cause they're only doing music for selling! That's fuckin' obvious!! What I've heard of St. Anger, it's nothing but a pile of undefined noise, and spreaded drums, with senseless vocals, lyrics, guitars, and what more!

With St. Anger, Metallica proved that they're tired of doing Heavy Metal, that's all! I think that it's time of Mr. Hetfield & Co. to take their deserved retirement, PERIOD.

I'm a Metallica fan and I like their new stuff but I don't go bashing on other bands. I think every band has something good and bad. If all metalfans would be listening to Metallica it would become very boring!!

Lord Of The Snow said:
The band is working on the new cd so there's no news yet..it's often a bit quiet during the early writing stages. Sorry this inconveniences you. And there are no 'latest concert reviews' because..yup, you guessed it..they're not on tour.