-=Metropolis=- likes to use drugs and alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
all i see is your trickery knows no bounds and i can't help wondering if semen is capable of burning

Obviously you're mistaken. Because I am right. Sorry it's just the truth. Lynyrd Skynyrd did not die in a plane crash, not the whole band anyways, it was just one member.

Don't be so sure of yourself, go ahead, go find some tour dates...

On Oct. 20, 1977, a chartered plane carrying members of Lynyrd Skynyrd, the band's assistant road manager and the plane's pilots crashed, killing six and injuring six others

Reunion years, 1987-present
In 1987, Lynyrd Skynyrd reunited for a full-scale tour with crash survivors Gary Rossington, Billy Powell, Leon Wilkeson and Artimus Pyle and former guitarist Ed King. Ronnie Van Zant's younger brother, Johnny, took over as the new lead singer and primary songwriter. Due to Collins' paralysis, he was only able to participate as the musical director, choosing Randall Hall, his former bandmate in the Allen Collins Band, as his stand-in. Collins became stricken with pneumonia in 1989 and died on January 23, 1990.

The reunited band was meant to be a one-time tribute to the original lineup, captured on the double-live album Southern By The Grace Of God/Lynyrd Skynyrd Tribute Tour - 1987, but because of an overwhelmingly positive reaction by fans, the band decided to stay together and record new material. The reunited Lynyrd Skynyrd has gone through several lineup changes and continues to record and tour today. Leon Wilkeson, Skynyrd's bassist since 1972, died of lung and liver failure on July 27, 2001. Ronnie Van Zant's widow, Judy Van Zant, currently owns and operates Freebird Live, one of Jacksonville's premier live music venues, located just 1 block from the ocean in Jacksonville Beach, Florida.

They released a double album called Thyrty which had songs from the original line up to the present. Lynyrd Skynyrd also released a live DVD of their Vicious Cycle Tour and on June 22, 2004 Lynyrd Skynyrd released the album Lyve: The Vicious Cycle Tour. On December 10, 2004 Lynyrd Skynyrd did a show for CMT called Crossroads which is a concert, featuring Country Artists and others genre's of music. Lynyrd Skynyrd did that show with Country Duo, Montgomery Gentry. In the beginning of 2005 Hughie Thomasson left the band to pursue other musical opportunites. On February 5, 2005 Lynyrd Skynyrd did a Super Bowl party with special guests, 3 Doors Down, Jo Dee Messina, Charlie Daniels and, Ronnie and Johnny Van Zant's brother Donnie Van Zant of .38 Special. On February 13 Lynyrd Skynyrd did a tribute to Southern Rock with Gretchen Wilson, Tim McGraw and Keith Urban on the grammy awards. On May 10, 2005, Johnny and his brother Donnie Van Zant released a Country Album called Get Right With The Man which featured the hit single Help Somebody. In the summer of 2005, lead singer Johnny Van Zant had to have surgery on his vocal chord to have a polyp removed. He was told not to sing for 3 months. On September 10, 2005 Lynyrd Skynyrd peformed without Johnny Van Zant at the Music Relief Concert for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Kid Rock took Johnny's place. In December of 2005, Johnny Van Zant returned to sing for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

In 2004, Rolling Stone Magazine ranked the group #95 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[2]

On November 28, 2005, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced that Lynyrd Skynyrd would be inducted alongside Black Sabbath, Blondie, Miles Davis, and the Sex Pistols. They were inducted in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan on March 13, 2006. Lynyrd Skynyrd had been nominated 7 times.

In the spring of 2006 Johnny had to have his appendix taken out and was unable to attend the ACM Awards that May. In May 2006 Lynyrd Skynyrd added Mark Matejka who was from The Charlie Daniels Band to take the place of Hughie Thomasson. In July of 2006 Lynyrd Skynyrd did a special called Toyota Presents CMT Live At Summerfest and they also performed What's Your Name on CMA Music Festival

i questioned your entire character. never once did i reference this particular argument over skynyrd. whore.

my amusement cannot be stopped. it's like a train intent on bringing pain and despair. it's like a star fish but really starro. it's goddamn religion.

is it still good for me?
edit: your posts are elusive and placating. you come off as a a gay human being. confirm this, please. i want to be prejudice.

Status
Not open for further replies.