Michael Romeo. Guitar God?

OfSinsAndShred said:
Hahahaha, this comes up often in metal discussions between my drummer and I. We happen to think the all black clothes/white shoes is a pretty peculiar part of the metal look... who popularized that? A ton of 80s thrash bands sported it, so it's cool and all, but I'd have to agree with you. It's time to lay the white shoes to rest.

Yeah, get yourself some New Rocks:

NRnjscorch72.jpeg
NRfiend72.jpeg
NRraider722.jpeg

Most metal footwear eva :D

Yngvai X said:
Yeah, get yourself some New Rocks:

NRnjscorch72.jpeg
NRfiend72.jpeg
NRraider722.jpeg

Most metal footwear eva :D

are those the same type of shoes/boots that Steve Vai uses? I actually always wanted to know where he got them. I just figured they were custom made like most of his clothes/costumes...

RobbM said:
are those the same type of shoes/boots that Steve Vai uses? I actually always wanted to know where he got them. I just figured they were custom made like most of his clothes/costumes...

lots of metal/rock guys wear em. I've seen everyone from Alexi Laiho to Kiko Loureiro to John Petrucci wearing them. Like I said...most metal boots eva.

Those boots PWN. Seriously, if I had those I'd be wearing them anywhere!

Store manager: What the hell are you wearing kid?!?!

Me: My new heavy metal boots YEAH THEY PWN!!!!!!!!!!

Store manager: You're fired you incompetant fool!

Me: Screw you!!! (stomps on the managers foot, crushing it and causing him to have surgery)

Oh, and btw, does Montu realize he's unbanned yet? Lol, just a thought.

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

Yngvai X said:
lots of metal/rock guys wear em. I've seen everyone from Alexi Laiho to Kiko Loureiro to John Petrucci wearing them. Like I said...most metal boots eva.

I was specifically talking about the boots he wears on Live at Astoria...

Well,they maybe Metal, but at the price of $250-$300, most metal heads can't afford em anyways..especially the ones who cant even afford to take a shower..

i always thought of dressing a certain way to show your metal is pretty lame if anything its un-metal. especially now when 12 year old teeny boppers girls where spikes and chains, boots and spike their hair all that goth/metal shit just lame to me. if im the only 1 i will shut up lol

Metalman7983 said:
i always thought of dressing a certain way to show your metal is pretty lame if anything its un-metal. especially now when 12 year old teeny boppers girls where spikes and chains, boots and spike their hair all that goth/metal shit just lame to me. if im the only 1 i will shut up lol

you mean posers?

In my book, theres only 1 prerequisite to being "metal" and showing it, and thats long hair...:headbang:

I really need to get my pics up on here... :erk:

Trust me, if you listen to Symphony X, you are not a poser. It's as simple as that. Now on the other hand, Slipknot.... Well, I think you know what THOSE idiots are like.

- the Somewhat Fat Long Haired Guitarist

yeah, slipknot sucks, but I do respect their drummer...I don't know many drummers that can hang vertical and spin 360 while keeping perfect time...you gotta admit, that's pritty fucking cool.....

yea but still, shoes?? i myself only own 2 pairs of shoes: 1 pair of normal black tennis shoes, and 1 pair of black shoes, for fancy ocasions.
haha, i just realized this, i have more guitars than shoes...