Michael Romeo: "we are thankful to Dream Theater"

†Russel Allen†®

The King of Terrors
Jul 25, 2002
SP - Brazil
www.symphonyx.com
Translated from Whiplash!

Guitarrist Michael Romeo, which presented last night in Porto Alegre in the new brazilian opening tour from SYMPHONY X, spoke recently to "Roadie Crew" magazine about his band's history in Brazil, and the thankfulness that he has to Mike Portnoy and DREAM THEATER.

Read some passages:

Symphony X and the first tour in Brazil

"Before that tour, we had excursioned in Japan, and people are cool there.Though, more reserved, they just applaud, hence demonstrate their affection for their idols. In Brazil... (laughing) The van that took us to the show place was banged, pushed, grabbed. By the time we left the vehicle, many fans showed up, and we didn't know what to do. Mike LePond came to talk to us that he never could expect something like that. He got scared and satisfied at the same time. We had a lot of fun, and it was all insane, and positive, in spite of technical problems".

Symphony X and Brazil
"The truth is that as soon as we finished Paradise Lost, we gathered and putted Brazil as a priority to Symphony X. We built a beautiful history there. You took us when our music wasn't even recognized or played in the US. Brazilians are extremely important to this band. We're on our way to your country, and we're already thinking in the comeback, 'cause certainly we will return soon, and then we'll play more songs from 'Paradise Lost'".

Thankfulness to DREAM THEATER
"The idea for that to happen [Symphony X participating on Gigantour] came from Mike Portnoy, Dream Theater's drummer, that suggested Symphony X to Dave Mustaine [MEGADETH]. Gigantour opened many doors to us in the US. (...) We are very grateful to the Drover brothers [Shawn and Glen, respectivelly Megadeth's drummer and guitarrist], to Mike Portnoy, and to Dream Theater".

:worship:notworthy:worship:

C'mon, fellas...

If this thread starts with these annoying rants about who owns who, I'll ask Jax to close it... OK? When I started it, my intentions were to show that Mr Romeo is a very "down-to-earth" guy, just a music-passionate man, like us, yet he is one of the most talented musicians in the heavy metal scene.

That said, let's keep it healthy.