Mikael and Emperor

Don't really have any sources for it but I recall reading somewhere that Ihsahn heard Opeth's demo and basically got them signed to candlelight.

plus, like you all pointed out, Emperor is pretty damn inspiring.

You're kinda right Fadingessence...Ishan heard Opeth rehearsal tape (Opeth has never recorded a demo ) and gave it to Lee Barett...who has liked and then asked the band to record the song "The Apostle In Triumph" for a Candlelight compilation ...

But the day before the recording of the song in the studio , L.Barett phoned Mikael and just told him that he wanted a full Opeth album...
That's the story guys...

That's amazing.. never knew that. Fucking respect to that.. two of the greatest bands of this era, and one directly responsible for the propagation of the other... man I love the European metal scene, you don't find shit like that around here.

Arash said:
I started listening to Emperor, until I found out that both former and current groupmembers had been charged with murder.
So let me get this straight... you stopped listening to the band because they're 'bad people'?

Arash said:
I started listening to Emperor, until I found out that both former and current groupmembers had been charged with murder.
thats no big deal atleast they all havent been shot 60,000 times and charged with everything in the book like 50 Cent whom the whole freakin' United States loves and only Faust was a murderer, he killed a gay man in the woods \m/

Hey guys,you should all read Lords Of Chaos !! You would learn a lot about the black metal scene in Scandinavia and stuff like murders , arsons etc etc..this book is pretty amazing ! and pretty easy to read even your a little frog like me !:tickled:

It was Samoth who passed them on to Lee, not Ihsahn. And it doesn't matter what people did, really, unless the music is somehow closely tied to it. Like nazi black metal or something. Though even then, you could ignore a music's message if you chose to. I could see not buying it because you don't want them to get your money, but the emperor guys all seem like nice, well-adjusted people these days.

opethmaniac said:
Hey guys,you should all read Lords Of Chaos !! You would learn a lot about the black metal scene in Scandinavia and stuff like murders , arsons etc etc..this book is pretty amazing ! and pretty easy to read even your a little frog like me !:tickled:
i own the book, good stuff

shit, Faust is about to get out of prison right?

He wrote all of zyklon's lyrical content on Aeon, it is fucking awesome. Intense shit, I guess faust has been educating himself while behind bars.

being charged with a crime and actually committing it are 2 different things. to not listen to someone's music because they were "charged with arson" is being pre-judgemental and ignorant.

Samoth is the man. Church sucks anyway.