Mikael and Emperor

the_drip said:
Samoth is the man. Church sucks anyway.

There are probably better ways of fighting religion than burning beautiful works of art. Hence why I think that black metal is just an evil (most of the time, "evil") cousin of power metal.
Nevertheless, not listening to music that you think is good after hearing something about the artist is odd.

new churches aren't works of art. They suck. Modernistic and stupid.
I admit, burning down the Sistine Chapel would be incredibly stupid.

Faust is free since a year almost and he also wrote all lyrics of Zyklon's debut World ov Worms...

the_drip said:
shit, Faust is about to get out of prison right?

He wrote all of zyklon's lyrical content on Aeon, it is fucking awesome. Intense shit, I guess faust has been educating himself while behind bars.

being charged with a crime and actually committing it are 2 different things. to not listen to someone's music because they were "charged with arson" is being pre-judgemental and ignorant.

faust has been out since 03, and samoth served a year in prison for arson, so it stands to reason that he was convicted of the crime.

the_drip said:
new churches aren't works of art. They suck. Modernistic and stupid.
I admit, burning down the Sistine Chapel would be incredibly stupid.
Some of the churches burnt in the early 90's were incredibly old, the one that Varg supposedly burnt down was one of the oldest in scandinavia.

Tell me about the church burning that Samoth is currently incarcerated for. Was the church still being used? What time of day did he set fire to it? Were there any witnesses? What did he hope to accomplish?

Skjold Church was a large wooden church about 100 years old. The church contained an alter board and preaching chair from the 16th century. All this was said to be of
historical, Christian value. So it was to be reduced to a pile of ashes. The material damages are set to be of 13 million Norwegian Kroners. The church was still being used by a large flock of blind followers. It became a victim for true Norwegian spirit on the 13th of September Anno 1992 during a stormy night. Witnessed by the moon, this symbolic act of anti-Christian war enlightened the night with pagan flames. Heathen barbarism is one the rise. We will bring back the forgotten past of strength, pride, and victory.

killing muslims, celts, germanic people and skandinavians under the name of jesus is fucking evil.. is there any christian band that sing about killing non believer and shit?? ahahha

yeah i listend to some extol and eventhough they're christian i dont really give a shit.. they have cool music

the_drip said:
I talked to the guy on the phone some years ago, before the "In the Nightside Eclipse" album. I could hardly understand a thing he was saying. I still have Emperor's original demo laying around somewhere. The picture inside of Mortiis dressed like a monk weilding a hatchett is priceless. :loco:

CRUSHING THE SCEPTER said:
I talked to the guy on the phone some years ago, before the "In the Nightside Eclipse" album. I could hardly understand a thing he was saying.
Well that's higly understandable. If the guys did their first ep being somewhere around 14-15 years old, he couldn't have been much of an english speaker yet at that point :D

opethmaniac said:
Hey guys,you should all read Lords Of Chaos !! You would learn a lot about the black metal scene in Scandinavia and stuff like murders , arsons etc etc..this book is pretty amazing ! and pretty easy to read even your a little frog like me !:tickled:
Lords of Chaos contains some faults. There was no "Black Circle", never been, never will be. It was a fictional brotherhood used by Euronymous and his likes to scare people through the media.

And Faust left prison last december, indd (been in prison for +- 10 years). Refused further collaboration with Nödtveidt (in Dissection) and he has even his own .com atm (www.bard-faust.com).

Arson is considered as "attempted murder" here in Belgium.

opethmaniac said:
You're kinda right Fadingessence...Ishan heard Opeth rehearsal tape (Opeth has never recorded a demo ) and gave it to Lee Barett...who has liked and then asked the band to record the song "The Apostle In Triumph" for a Candlelight compilation ...

But the day before the recording of the song in the studio , L.Barett phoned Mikael and just told him that he wanted a full Opeth album...
That's the story guys...
I asked Peter last night about this and he said it was actually Faust that gave the tape to Candlelight

opethmaniac said:
Hey guys,you should all read Lords Of Chaos !! You would learn a lot about the black metal scene in Scandinavia and stuff like murders , arsons etc etc..this book is pretty amazing ! and pretty easy to read even your a little frog like me !:tickled:
According to Snorre of Thorns that book is full of some Bullshit but also has some true facts as well.