Mikael's attack on KsE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pethical said:
i knew u would jump straight on the defence hub :p

Well Living Colour were kickass in their time, their guitarist was hailed as the next Hendrix! Very talented band - one listen to "Cult of Personality" and your entrails are all over the walls.

Nexis said:
you are fucking retarded. you said since deliverance "opeth has been dying." that's like saying a theres a football player who scores 10 touchdowns every game, and one game he scores 9 instead of 10...so his career is over then. right? god you are stupid.
I don't know if you noticed, but I listed the albums in chronological order... Still Life, BWP, then Deliverance.... So what I actually said was, since Still Life opeth has been dying.

Congratulations.

Nexis said:
I are fucking retarded.

Daylight Dies is the new Opeth. :)

edit:

Wait, I take that back!
Rainwound is the new Opeth. :headbang:

:kickass:

btw oinkness, congrats on the posting of the most rapidly growing thread on this forum since the grand conjuration leak. fucking hell, we all need to question the meaning of our lives.

Oinkness said:
Is Mike really one to talk?
They've been making the same freaking thing over and over.
Except now the feeling is lost in the music.
Since Still Life, BWP, Deliverance.... Opeth has been dying,
a little more for each release, until the emotion that was once there is gone.
Opeth has turned into the corporate mechanism that Mike is bashing.

Dumbest thing i've ever seen on this board. Bar None.

JoeVice said:
btw oinkness, congrats on the posting of the most rapidly growing thread on this forum since the grand conjuration leak. fucking hell, we all need to question the meaning of our lives.
Your welcome.

I've never said this out loud, but I am single-handedly responsible for revitalizing this forum. I remember when it was nothing, barely anything going on.... Now look at it. It's like a thriving metropolis. Sure, I may be hated by pretty much everyone, even the naive newbs who aren't worth a turd, but I may be one of the most significant users of this forum, and that helps me sleep at night. Not really. I don't get much sleep cause my mattress is broken. But I've got a new mattress coming, and it could be here any day now, and with that I would sleep good at night.

You may all thank me now, or not.
You may flame me.

But I know my work has paid off on this forum. ^_^

Oinkness said:
I don't know if you noticed, but I listed the albums in chronological order... Still Life, BWP, then Deliverance.... So what I actually said was, since Still Life opeth has been dying.

Congratulations.
The fact that you call BWP weak in any way is proof enough.

Oinkness said:
This comes as a surprise. Mikael attacking a very talented band just because they're American? One innovator attacking another. It's just ignorant. It's almost like Mikael attacking a younger, faster and more refined version of themselves. Can you really blame the band for the massive breakout of fans? Is this not surprisingly similar to Opeth's move to Roadrunner? Same situation.

Mikael thinks KsE is manufactured, like a boyband with guitars... now that is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard from Mike. All that comedy routine in the live setting must be getting to his head.

And yeah, we all know Killswitch Engage is the prettiest group out there. (see image below)

kse_adamd.jpg

I love Opeth and the gang, but Mike's statements lately are just arrogant as fuck.

And wow, KsE is such a huge band, they went from practicing in their guitarist's bedroom to their mom's basement.

It's painful to see Opeth evolve in this direction, a direction I honestly never thought they would go down. And against a fellow label group, show some decency guys. Everyone was pissed about Opeth signing to Roadrunner, think how shameful it would be for them to get kicked off the label for disrespectful conduct.

P.S... Opeth, never be pretty? I beg to differ.
This pic gives me half a roll of quarters in my tighty whities.
8736584.jpg

Go Opeth! Spread the hate. :erk:

lmao shut up retard

LOL at some wanker getting pissed because Mike busted on some crap band that he likes.

The quote is a bit misleading. I don't particulary like Killswitch but have nothing against them really. All I was saying that I don't see the same quality in them as I do in Priest or Maiden. Partly because they we're innovators and KE to me sounds like a rehashed version of what's been going on in Sweden for 16 years or more. Had you lived in Sweden you'd share my opinion on that I'm pretty sure.

Then the thing with the boyband comment...was not addressed to KE but an observation of the overall nu or whatever metalcore scene in the US. And here I stick to my guns...
I will not deny anyone liking these bands and what the fuck would they care what I think is good or bad anyways.

Seems like the guy posting this thread is only looking for some fucking drama. and here is an end to that. What are you doing here anyways when you only seem to want to bash us? Go to KE forum is my advice.

Cheers guys + having a blast in Oz right now.
M

And there you go.

As usual Mike shuts down stupidity once and for all (hopefully)

Oinkness said:
Killswitch did start the whole metalcore movement.
Metalcore existed in the 80's...

and influenced the groups Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, all that remains, unearth, god forbid, etc... I don't like them all, but the statement I made about KsE being the innovators was true.

Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid all formed and had music released before KSE, some several releases. All That Remains features an ex-Shadows Fall vocalist, so I'd imagine where their influence came from...

Edit, appears a few have already touched on that...

KSE, innovators my ass...

Apostle In Triumph said:
Well, I find it to be a bit akward that there is the accounts:
Mikael Åkerfeldt and Mikael Akerfeldt

That's because Mike doesn't have the same keyboard in Australia, the one that has "Å", so he made another account some time ago. Mike explained that earlier as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.