Mikael's attack on KsE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mumblefood said:
Well now, you shouldn't have said that. Makes you seem a bit ignorant. Do you want me to pair up some songs of theirs like i did with Nickelback?
Go ahead, mate.

Now joins another band from Roadrunner, heh!

wwallinga said:
I'm thinking twins this time. Siamese. Connected at the face. Named Oinkness and Buttfuck.
At least I would have done two things you could never do:

1. Touch Britney Spears's vagina, and
2. Be reborn while still existing.

Infernal hails \m/

Unfortunately, we're not as great as all the Swedish & Australian bands...

FUCK YES! Respect for liking australian bands from the other side of the world. they need more recognition. may i recommend:
ne obliviscaris
pathogen
lord
praetorian
stone wings
mournful congregation
abyssic hate
the furor
vanishing point
voyager

and a million others.

Oinkness is right. I don't like my bands pretty either but come on Mikael, open your eyes - Opeth are practically a boy band these days. The roadrunner signing, all those photo shoots, dressing up all pretty for the dvd, the excessive number of ballads on Reveries and a squeaky clean production job ? Not to mention the piece of shit song grand conjuration and the awful video. KsE just happen to play a certain kind of music and play it well. That's no warrant for attacking them. Meanwhile, Opeth are barely metal anymore. How hypocritic.

hibernal_dream said:
the excessive number of ballads on Reveries

:lol:

if you mean isolation years and hours of wealth (youd be stupid if you tried to say atonement) then just think about benighted and face of melinda...

Oinkness is right. I don't like my bands pretty either but come on Mikael, open your eyes - Opeth are practically a boy band these days. The roadrunner signing, all those photo shoots, dressing up all pretty for the dvd, the excessive number of ballads on Reveries and a squeaky clean production job ? Not to mention the piece of shit song grand conjuration and the awful video. KsE just happen to play a certain kind of music and play it well. That's no warrant for attacking them. Meanwhile, Opeth are barely metal anymore. How hypocritic.

DAMN YOU FOR MAKING SO MUCH SENSE!!!

Pethical said:
FUCK YES! Respect for liking australian bands from the other side of the world. they need more recognition. may i recommend:
ne obliviscaris
pathogen
lord
praetorian
stone wings
mournful congregation
abyssic hate
the furor
vanishing point
voyager

and a million others.

You can add The Amenta and Mortal Sin to that list Peth!

Oinkness said:
Is Mike really one to talk?
They've been making the same freaking thing over and over.
Except now the feeling is lost in the music.
Since Still Life, BWP, Deliverance.... Opeth has been dying,
a little more for each release, until the emotion that was once there is gone.
Opeth has turned into the corporate mechanism that Mike is bashing.
you are fucking retarded. you said since deliverance "opeth has been dying." that's like saying a theres a football player who scores 10 touchdowns every game, and one game he scores 9 instead of 10...so his career is over then. right? god you are stupid.

Originally Posted by Akerfeldt
“Most of the bands today, I don’t really like them. When I grew up it was like heresy to compare Killswitch Engage and whatever you got going with Maiden and Priest. Especially in America, it seems to be a little trend-goin’... it’s corporate business. The bands feel manufactured, almost like boy bands with guitars. I don’t want my bands to be fucking pretty.”
:headbang: Mike makes me smile!

hibernal_dream said:
Opeth are practically a boy band these days.
*IQ goes down 80 points*

uber dumbass...i mean...hibernal_dream said:
Meanwhile, Opeth are barely metal anymore.
Riiiiiiiiiiight..........And even if they weren't metal anymore, who the hell cares? Good music is good music, metal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.