Mikael's live quotes

I don't remember what he said exactly but somewhere along "There's a lot of weird people here [Vancouver]... so we fit right in"

ok...laugh all you want, but i was there with my girlfriend, mom, and my aunt.
my mom and my aunt are in their 40s

feel lucky you got them to go. I'm still working on one of my other close friends to go in general. My sister and parents won't even listen to them bc they think Opeth is nothing more than just screaming...../sigh :erk:

At least I my best friend that attended Orlando with me is a convert :p. He bought GR last night when we were hanging out. That's the album i started off on......I have yet to get started on him :headbang:

Even if you thought it was, this thread isn't about "Mikael's funny live quotes", only "Mikael's live quotes". So funny or not... Anyway. I agree that we all prefer seeing funny stuff.

now you're just being a dick:Smug:

* Telling the crowd about the gunshooting drama in Oslo were the criminals tried to hide in the Opeth tour buss (not sure about the story so dont quote me on that one)

Mike: It was like we were in the middle of a western movie, with automatic rifles and everything... It was metal as hell!

* Mike: "Hi, my name is Johan and I'm 10 years old"

* Mike: Do you know Nickelback are playing in town today?
Crowd: BUUU!
Mike: I heard that guy, the singer, is a huge Opeth fan. I also heard Will Smith is a big Opeth fan. And did you know that Bryan Adams is obsessed with King Diamond? It's true! I wouldn't make that up.

Talking about the night and the Silent Water:
"we were quite pretentious in those days, I brought a lute to the recording session..... this song was recorded with the thought of the guitars being lutes"

At the Atlanta show a couple weeks ago...

Mike: Do you like my new guitar? *licks it for awhile* It's very nice...

Some guy in crowd: APOSTLE IN TRIUMPH!!!
Mike: continues on talking...
Mike: continues on talking...
Mike: Shut the fuck up! We're not fuckin playing it!

At the Myrtle Beach House o Blues Show in June:
Mike: FUCK! ...I feel like such a girl...I broke a nail...That's not very metal.

Ahh Mike and his zingers lol

4 pages worth of laughter, gotta love that guy. Spot on with the Mendez photoshop :p