Mike, are you an Ulver fan?

Ahhhhh Mantra any translations you could share would be highly appreciated.

But anyways I agree the most resemblances I see are bergtatt and mornigrise/orchid/MAYH riffs. Some of the acoustic sounds just like Opeth too, it's really, really good stuff.

...vitamin in the orange?!
Means it was not existing at that time.:)

Kveldssanger*. It's a long 's' in that font, not a 'j'. I used to think it was a 'j', too. =]

410XWF1TRZL._SS400_.jpg

In this photo,it seems like "j".:)
I don't have the original one 'cause I still have hard time to find it.But I also read somewhere that,while it was first released in MP3-trading networks,it was spelled as "Kveldssanger" and it stayed.(A bit interesting theory.:lol:)I don't remember where and when I read it.However,one letter does not matter that much.:)

I thought that Bergtatt and Orchid were written simultaneously, so neither band influenced the other. Can anyone confirm this?
edit: from Opeth.com and encyclopaedia metallum...
Orchid was recorded in March 1994
Bergtatt was recorded in November 1994
I agree with you.Both bands were not known much in 1994 and also,they are from different countries.Any kind of influence can be coincidences I think.Although Ulver and Opeth are from different countries,they share a common culture and heritage which can influence them in similar ways.

This actually also interests me since I'm a huge Ulver fan, but I don't really see a huge resemblence, maybe some of the mood in morningrise remonds me of bergtatt, but that's about it. It would be interesting to hear if he is though, as I consider Mikael and Garm as my two favourite musicians.

Ɛnslaved;7434410 said:
I agree with you.Both bands were not known much in 1994 and also,they are from different countries.Any kind of influence can be coincidences I think.Although Ulver and Opeth are from different countries,they share a common culture and heritage which can influence them in similar ways.

I imagine Garm sneaking into Opeth's recording session with a phonograph. (The gr1mest of recording devices.) When he had to make a getaway, it was still recording. The chase through the snow was overdubbed with a piano solo in Capitel III.