Mike Romeo on G3?

RobbM said:
Yeah, eccept Satch needs to learn that he can't sing worth shit...

Funny that you should say this. I also think that he's got a terrible voice and should stick to playing the guitar. In an interview that I read in the latest Classic Rock (UK), when asked why his new CD is all instrumental and he's not singing, Joe said that he finds his singing voice terrible and embarassing and that he won't sing in the future on any of his records. What a relief I tell you!!!!:)

forgottenglory said:
I would like to see STEVE STEVENS on G3 performing material from the Black Light Syndrome project and his own Flamenco.A.Go.Go.

I would only be interested if Tony Levin and Terry Bozzio were there also. Black Light Syndrome is killer material and would be great to see performed live.

WeepingMoon said:
:lol: i've never been a huge fan of yngwie either. he's an asshole from what i hear, and a majority of the time he just plays fast stuff over and over that is a complete blur. and yes, he's a fat sloth :lol: still respect his playing however, even if i'm not a big fan.

but i think that just goes to show everyone has their opinion with guitarists, and when you get 3 top players together, everyone is going to have their opinion and think one did better than the other.

yngwie actually lost alot of weight.

I not as into him as i used to be, but i am in debt to yngwie. Without him i might have never gotten into the whole shred scene.

yankeeabe said:
When Yngwie was in g3 he dominated the whole show, he was a power house and made vai and satch look dull.

This guy is catching a lot of flak for this comment, but I think the DVD itself shows that this is a very valid comment. Steve Vai and JS had three songs on the DVD where Yngwie had 4 and notice how during the Yngwie set the cameraman made it a point to include the crowd reactions more (a perfect example is during the acoustic part) and all of that made the editing booth. I would dare say that the crowd enjoyed Yngwie's performance more at least at that particular show. Say what you want about repetitiveness but his songs definitely flow better (ie. Baroque and Roll was the standout song of that DVD bar none).

I saw Yngwie for the second time last night and he was awesome, but the shredding mindlessly thing gets boring.

I'd actually say that Vai puts a more spectacular show, but I prefer Yngwie's music.

I cant believe you bumped a nearly three year old thread made by War Blade :lol:!

Steve Stevens is too good to be on G3. G3 is a snoozy wankfest.

And Swabs, wtf is with the frog? Your signature is a page long. Again, wtf. This isn't cobhc.

And Swabs, wtf is with the frog? Your signature is a page long. Again, wtf. This isn't cobhc.

In regards to the frog, it's a Futurama thing. And that image is maybe a few pixels larger than the previous image that was there and I never recieved any complaints about the length of my signiture then. But if it will please the board I shall remove something.