Mike's Guitar

cthulufhtagn said:
nice guitars, nfu...i'm a gibson fan; i have a les paul classic and sg special, but i've been thinking i might look at prs when i acquire the necessary funds

thanks. typically id stick with the PRS all the time, however i was able to find a vintage les paul custom which sounds a bit more classic, and organic...so i usually use it for hard rock, throaty cleans , or when i want a real vintage and hearty sound. and its always good to have a backup, just in case.

are the guitars Opeth uses modded, or straight out factory models? seems an obvious question, but thought i'd clarify that.

ps: PRS rocks, i won't buy one because of the price though. i'm more than happy with my classic Jackson.

Silent Song said:
are the guitars Opeth uses modded, or straight out factory models? seems an obvious question, but thought i'd clarify that.

ps: PRS rocks, i won't buy one because of the price though. i'm more than happy with my classic Jackson.

i beleive they use seymour duncan pickups in them...not sure of any further mods than that. i dont know which model pickups though.

i prefer the pickups that came in my prs...more versatility...but maybe a bit thinner than a seymour duncan.

Paul Reed Smiths are nice guitars, but way too expensive for a guitar that's almost totally made by machine. (Unless you've got a pre-95 model that is.) I still really want to play a PRS hollowbody.

Either a sunburst or tobacco burst PRS...from your "orange" description, i'd say you're probably thinking of his custom 24 w/ the flamed sunburst top.

i recall from the Lamentations DVD, that on the inside of Peter's guitar strap, it says PRS-600 *I think* Don't realy know PRS model names too well, or what, but thats what it says on the strap i think. if that helps with Peter's guitar, and perhaps with Mikael's aswell