mixing contest, paid job offer, rock music

Has anyone got time for a noob question?

I have downloaded the files because I would like the practice, I have brought all the files into sonar 8.5, sounding good. I set the bpm to 118 but the kick is all over the show. I couldnt open the tempo track, what does that even do?
any help would be great!

Thanks

does Sonar stretch/warp/.. samples on import perhaps? you should just need to set tempo @118bpm and insert the wavs at the same time marker, tempo 118 all song along.. kick is there at every bar (the file I got contains one major sonic glitch though but the hits are there and hum.. cold on spot).

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. I'm kinda keen on finishing this mix up now, provided there's a chance.

@Morgan: I understand what you mean about some elements being a bit difficult. I find the less focused and 'attached' I get to how a project currently sounds vs how I want it to sound, it ultimately comes up a lot easier. Just sort of sculpt it along its own direction.

@Hoeglund: Cool mix there. You have a fair bit of space created with EQ, and that's half the battle!

Yeah, you're better of posting a new thread with a poll. There's a box that needs to be checked before you click submit, you can use control+f to bring up the search menu and search for "poll" if you can't find it otherwise. Or you could add a poll to this thread by clicking on "thread tools".

does Sonar stretch/warp/.. samples on import perhaps? you should just need to set tempo @118bpm and insert the wavs at the same time marker, tempo 118 all song along.. kick is there at every bar (the file I got contains one major sonic glitch though but the hits are there and hum.. cold on spot).

Hi thanks for your help,
I have imported the tracks again with the tempo already set. because it did strech when i changed the tempo when the tracks were in. the kick track is nearly double the lengh of the others though!!! I cant understand it

:cry:

Im a complete Wanker. :erk:

Just listened to your versions and realized im talking about a different song that was posted up from a band called sobot!!!
sorry guys!!
How embarrassing!!!
Still got the problem but id much rather mix this track so gonna go for this one instead. everyone is doing great mixes though never will be able to compete.

well done guys!!

:headbang:

Wait wait wait... so you held a mix contest and now are having all of us vote for it? Why wouldn't you just chose which you like best? Isn't that what you'd do if you were choosing a mixer from the start - see whose work you liked best and then picked him???

Wait wait wait... so you held a mix contest and now are having all of us vote for it? Why wouldn't you just chose which you like best? Isn't that what you'd do if you were choosing a mixer from the start - see whose work you liked best and then picked him???

Its not that simple as you may have opportunity to see same day :). So we ask a little help that's all.

anyone here think it´s fair to let us decide?
in my opinion, the band should decide which mix they like the best