Modern Classics

Oh, I certainly agree about the idea of a "classic" album being one in which inclusion in the old school canon is required; but I think there's a strong case to be made for every album on that list. For what it's worth, I think that those two releases are the pinnacle of Inquisition's and Profanatica's output. I suppose there's no accounting for taste.

That's not even their best album. I'm confused bro. And since when did everyone start liking Monotheist? I remember raving about that album when it first came out and everything thought I was dumb.

I was listening to Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins when that came out, so it wasn't me. But an album like Monotheist requires repeated listens to truly enjoy. It's not an album you listen to once and be like "yeah, this is good."

The Lord Weird Sloughfeg-Traveller is an amazing fucking album man,I hardly ever see it get mentioned.I still struggle to pick between this and the s/t debut.

Starting to think you guys are crazy, Ares Kingdom Incdeniary is a pretty solid death/thrash release, but that amazing? Processions debut album? Their EP was way better, and pretty much same track listing.

Consider myself a pretty big fan of Unchain the Wolves, and Excoriate's On Pesilent Winds, but not one vote? What's with this beastial bull getting recommended? Pretty same-y style music in my opinion, especially the amount of clones.

Ogre Plague of the Planet is a pretty standout release, sure it's only 5 years but whatever.

Orodruin's Epicurean Mass is a pretty great doom album, surely up for consideration.

Revelation's Release and both Warning albums should be shoe-ins imo.

Sabbat's The Dwelling is a few years older than '03 but not a lot of talk about that great album..the River's In Situ imo is a great release, but I think i'm alone on that.

Sauron Thrash Assault is probably the best 80's thrash record since 1990

Solstice New Dark Age, pretty good but '99

Twisted Tower Dire's The Curse of the Twisted Tower is great, '99 as well

Valkyrie Man of Two Visions '08, great rock/heavy/doom metal album

Nothing from the Hellas black metal scene? Surely Zemial, Nocternity or Stutthoff qualify

I definitely think Atlantean Kodex's The Golden Bough is a great album and will stand the test of time as well

Anyone that thinks Incendiary is a "modern classic" needs to be shot.

:lol: Okay bud, okay...

Incendiary is one of the best metal albums to come out since the start of the 2000s (Revelation's Release likely being the one I'd call the best overall.) It certainly is the best DM album to come out from then onward.

EDIT:
On Pestilent Winds is brilliant, but I'm not 100% sure I'd consider it a modern classic. It isn't really doing anything to grab hold of the style and make it their own.

Great album though.

Y'all mofos be breaking the rules set by OP. Keep it 00-03 ya hurrd? Dropping albums that came out 2 years ago just nullifies the purpose of this thread.

I would actually make a case for Incendiary's brilliance, but I'm not going to waste my time on some cunting moron that praises later Death.

Only you two twats would consider a snoozefest of a album like that to be a fucking modern classic. It's one of the most forgettable albums of 2010. I wouldn't even put that shit in my top 30 albums of that year, let alone consider it "one of the best metal(or DM) albums to come out since the start of the 2000s" :lol::lol:

edit: later Death >>> every single album you posted on the first page ...... Most of which weren't even from 2000-2003, but then again, im pretty sure you wear a helmet when you take showers, so we can forgive you.

I find that funny coming from you. When at least once a week theres someone here talking shit to you for the garbage you listen to.

... i think this stems back from a couple weeks ago when i stated that you had the worst taste of music that i had ever come across on this forum. Don't be so mad little sister, you shouldn't hold grudges over the internet.

edit: and i'll just go ahead and stop right here, i'm not about to derail this thread because of you two pussified bastards.