Modern Classics

Only you two twats would consider a snoozefest of a album like that to be a fucking modern classic. It's one of the most forgettable albums of 2010. I wouldn't even put that shit in my top 30 albums of that year, let alone consider it "one of the best metal(or DM) albums to come out since the start of the 2000s" :lol::lol:

edit: later Death >>> every single album you posted on the first page ...... Most of which weren't even from 2000-2003, but then again, im pretty sure you wear a helmet when you take showers, so we can forgive you.

You are a fucking moron. Nobody agrees with you. Go die.

Starting to think you guys are crazy, Ares Kingdom Incdeniary is a pretty solid death/thrash release, but that amazing?

Yeah i think the word 'classic' is being used rather loosely here.

Nobobdy agrees with me? And this retard has the nerves to call me a moron. :lol:

... but then again, i'v seen your laughable "they're like sisters to me" posts in the pics thread, so i wouldn't be surprised that a simp like you is defending mort.

i dont know about classics, but off the top of my head, i'd say the best metal albums from those three years are ...

Gorguts - From Wisdom to Hate
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Immolation - The Unholy Cult
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Nile - In Their Darkest Shrines
Bathory - Nordland I
Slough Feg - Traveller

edit:
Waitin - Casus Luciferi
Spawn of Possession - Cabinet
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Neuraxis - Truth Beyond...
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Martyr - Warp Zone
Destroyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
Deceased - Supernatural Addiction

Also have to agree Ares Kingdom is extremely overrated here. Way too long and boring.

Edited to merge posts:

I'll add Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination for black metal that fits thread criteria.

Guess I need to listen to Traveller, I only have Slough Feg's s/t, but their albums are so ridiculously hard to find.

Depends. The S/T lacks cohesion and is pretty rough (both in recording and song-writing) so I'd only start with it if you started with debut albums as a rule. Traveller is probably the most immediately accessible, has their most polished production, and lots of shiny Maiden-y melodies and such, but it's not super-representative of their sound. The two preceding (Twilight of the Idols and Down Among the Deadmen) would probably be better starting points if you still want an earlier album (and they are my favorites along with Traveller). Hardworlder and what I've heard of The Animal Spirits are Slough Feg in a stipped-down, rocking 70's-oriented direction. Atavism and The Ape Uprising are both sort of transitions between their earlier more epic trad/power material the newer stuff, and might serve as better pictures of their discography on a whole if it wasn't for them being of somewhat lower quality/consistency.

tldr; Twilight of the Idols or Down Among the Deadmen.