Top 10 2000-2009

Dead Congregation is certainly a good band, a great band, whatever, but they even more certainly do not sum up the decade or should be included as one of the best albums of the past decade. If anything Deathspell Omega, Sunn 0))), Nadja, Jesu, Earth, Jesu, Leviathan, Peste Noire, and Blut Aus Nord did actually forward thinking things in metal music. Dead Congregation could not have impressed everyone that much. Why does the Wire not have a forum?

You're such a hipster.

You're such a hipster.

From a metal music fan: yes. From anyone else: no. Look at all my favorite bands outside metal and you see they are generally considered pretty outsider, thus not in fashion, thus I am not such a hipster.

Eh, it just depends if you're into straight quality extreme metal over the more progressive/unique bands or not. DsO and BAN are two of my favorite metal bands so they dominated the decade for me, but Graves of the Archangels still earned a spot towards the end for being my favorite modern death metal album.

Dead Congregation is certainly a good band, a great band, whatever, but they even more certainly do not sum up the decade or should be included as one of the best albums of the past decade. If anything Deathspell Omega, Sunn 0))), Nadja, Jesu, Earth, Jesu, Leviathan, Peste Noire, and Blut Aus Nord did actually forward thinking things in metal music. Dead Congregation could not have impressed everyone that much. Why does the Wire not have a forum?

he loves 'em that much

From a metal music fan: yes. From anyone else: no. Look at all my favorite bands outside metal and you see they are generally considered pretty outsider, thus not in fashion, thus I am not such a hipster.

Only hipsters say their music is out of fashion to look appeal to other hipsters, thus making you a hipster.

Jesu's loves you too

missionary-mice-teaching-about-chee.jpg

In no order:

Agalloch - The Mantle
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Enslaved - Below The Lights
Rapture - Futile
Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil
Amon Amarth - Versus The World
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Vreid - Milorg
Devin Townsend - Terria

The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Agalloch - The Mantle
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds
Reverend Bizarre - In The Rectory of the Bizarre Reverend
Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element
Warning - Watching from a Distance
Slough Feg - Traveller
Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites

No real order to it I guess.

Man...there is so many I can't make up a list.

I'd have so many choices that I wouldn't be able to just choose ten

but if any album that hits the number 1 spot.

It's

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side