Morbid Angel - Overrated?

Mtaclof

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Hell yes, there is so much better shit out there. Morbid Angel just bores me, they need to pick up the pace and throw in some thicker drumming!
Anyone agree with me here?

Their early stuff (1st three) rules and I liked Formulas and Gateways but can't stand Heretic. They hardly need more pace or drumming, just better riffs and more memorable songs.

If you are an idiot who only likes br00thal bullshit, then yeah sure. If you appreciate decent heavy metal without tonnes of pointless blasting then perhaps not.

"Every band in the world should sound like Suffocation, Cryptopsy, or Krisiun."

Unique leader must love you.

Overall, Morbid Angel has put out more essential material than any other band in death metal. Arguing if their overrated is pointless, since why do you care what other people think?

Many death metal bands have cloned what this band started, (and have not improved upon it) and really, albums A and B have not been matched, IMO.

They are somewhat overrated. I like the first three CDs, especially Blessed are the Sick, which could possibly be one of the top ten death metal albums ever recorded. However, in terms of talent, there are countless bands superior to Morbid Angel.