Morbid Angel - Overrated?

I didn't really mean that every band should sound like the three I mentioned. I was just playing around. But really, I do believe Morbid Angel is too often cited as "THE" death metal band.

I never much liked them. Their first two albums are decent enough, but after that... zZzZz

Their first two are influential, but I find them boring. And their later material...yeah.

Overrated, probably not. Definitely not underrated, though.

I like the ABCDEFGH thing, though. That was fucking cool.

The only Morbid Angel cd I have is Covenent, and I'm not too fond of it. I have a pretty broad taste in music, and I'm usually easily impressed, but that cd does nothing for me whatsoever. Too slow and corny imo.

I have Altars of Madness and I think it's a good album but not as godly as it is praised to be. I like the atmospheric twists they have in some songs but I like Obituary's earlier work much better than their work. It's just straightforward aggression :).

anonymousnick2001 said:
Their first two are influential, but I find them boring. And their later material...yeah.

Overrated, probably not. Definitely not underrated, though.

I like the ABCDEFGH thing, though. That was fucking cool.
It would be cool if they could go to z but that would take about 25-30 years tops if they release albums at the same pace, or they could just release an album a year or something but then it'll all probably end up being shit because they'll rush...

"Blessed are the Sick" is mildly decent, at best. The remainder of their work is painfully unlistenable. The riffs are monotonous, the lyrics are infantile, and the holistic effort is simply uninteresting.