more great viking/pagan metal bands

EvilVince said:
How about Einherjer? They're more Viking than anyone.

And has anybody heard that Lord of the Rings metal band Battlelore? I saw a photo of them in Metal Maniacs and they look like the funniest band I've ever seen... one of them was an elf, one was an orc, etc. Curious as to what they sound like.

-Vince

N.P. Men Without Hats - Messiahs Die Young

Battlelore is actully pretty good. they have a famale singer and a guy that does more of a deep growl type thing.

EvilVince said:
How about Einherjer? They're more Viking than anyone.
Speaking about Einherjer I'm just getting in to them and was going to check their site out. well:

http://www.einherjer.com

You got to be pretty stupid if you believe hacking an internet page is going to convert people into your religon. It only irritates and reminds me why I hate organised religion so much.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
What happened?
The site was hacked. Before the front page was loaded properly a another site by some turkish opened announcing it was hacked by them and Allah is the only true god yada, yada. Fixed now as you saw for yorself.

moonsorrow
trollfest
finntroll
enslaved
well haha amon amarth
elvenking
mägo de oz (CELTIC METAL OWNS!)
moonlyght

Socom said:
Not quite viking, but folkish and slavic mythology-orientated: Skyforger, Butterfly Temple, Dub Buk, Slavland, Ashen Light, Arkona...
Hehehe, most of those "slavic mythology-orientated" bands are so funny. :lol:
But you've forgotten the Ukrainian bands such as Nokturnal Mortum and Munruthel. They are just stupid nazis with their rotten ideology but they are good musicians at least. I think, all must listen Oriana Tales of Munruthel. It's just a masterpiece... the whole album. I believe even that Finntroll loaned something from Munruthel's music in their Visor om Slutet.

What about Skyforger, they aren't Slavic, you know. ;)

I must have missed it. Just kinda scrolled through the first hundred posts looking for mention and wasn't seeing it.

+respect

Mithotyn totally grabbed me in 97 with their debut, and instantly became my favorite band in 98 with their second album... have been ever since.

You should check out ASATHOR from Austria. Melodic Viking Metal with a strong lead guitar and harsh vocals.

They just released their first Demo and a 'Wickie' Cover song. So check them out!

http://www.asathor.at.gg/

You can find their Mp3's behind the second button.

There's a special offer for Theudho merchandise right now!

Theudho Support Pack:
"Treachery" CD + "The Völsunga Saga" CD + "Thor"shirt
(please specify shirt size when ordering: L or XL!).

€ 35,00 p&p incl.

merch_support_pack.gif

js@theudho.com