More soccer/football

Hopefully this won't make Nina cry - but it appears that Carlos Puyol will miss Euro 2012 for Spain due to impending knee surgery.

Oh nooooooooo!! D:

I remember watching the last Euro game (Germany/Spain) at my buddy's house. I was the only Spain fan. We won and I WAS SO HAPPY. If Germany wins, I won't be upset. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose... but ohhhhh my Puyol! I hope he pulls through alright!!

Oh nooooooooo!! D:

I remember watching the last Euro game (Germany/Spain) at my buddy's house. I was the only Spain fan. We won and I WAS SO HAPPY. If Germany wins, I won't be upset. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose... but ohhhhh my Puyol! I hope he pulls through alright!!

That was SUCH a frustrating match from my perspective - Germany had no clue on how to stop the Spain midfield from performing their magic.

But at least we played the game the way it's meant to be played, and didn't resort to outright thuggery like the Dutch during WC2010.

It will be a fun summer! :worship:

Good to see Liverpool get some revenge on Chel.
Great to see Torres play so well at Anfield again :lol:
Scared to see Roy Hodgson in charge of England for the euros.

Expect nothing from England, and you won't be disappointed. Having said that, at this point they aren't even on the radar to compete, so can they sneak in a surprise? Not in my book - but we'll see.

Concertmusic, final result last night: Corinthians 3 - 0 Emelec. A much more normal score. We were cold and vicious at the same time. I was very impressed with our team's performance and focus.

Next up for us is a full Brazilian match up on Libertadores: Corinthians x Vasco da Gama. Tough game for both teams.

Concertmusic, final result last night: Corinthians 3 - 0 Emelec. A much more normal score. We were cold and vicious at the same time. I was very impressed with our team's performance and focus.

Next up for us is a full Brazilian match up on Libertadores: Corinthians x Vasco da Gama. Tough game for both teams.

Nice - that is a convincing score line.

Inter play Fluminense tonight for the right to play Boca Juniors in the quarter-finals. :kickass:

Nice - that is a convincing score line.

Inter play Fluminense tonight for the right to play Boca Juniors in the quarter-finals. :kickass:

Also Santos x Bolivar, where I'm actually hoping for the underdog... Yes, I'm afraid of Santos because of Neymar. Why? Because he's not from this planet. Messi is not going to be on the top for long...

Also Santos x Bolivar, where I'm actually hoping for the underdog... Yes, I'm afraid of Santos because of Neymar. Why? Because he's not from this planet. Messi is not going to be on the top for long...

Wow - are you sure? Mind you - my opinion on Neymar is largely based on seeing a couple of friendlies he played with Brasil, the most recent one against Germany - where he scored in the dying minute, but was ineffective for most of the rest of the game. Like Messi, I suspect he needs the right mix of players around him to really shine, however.

Wow - are you sure? Mind you - my opinion on Neymar is largely based on seeing a couple of friendlies he played with Brasil, the most recent one against Germany - where he scored in the dying minute, but was ineffective for most of the rest of the game. Like Messi, I suspect he needs the right mix of players around him to really shine, however.

Yes. He has yet to show his performance playing for our national squad. However, for Santos...

He has more goals than Pele had when he was Neymar's age.

He has more skill than Ronaldinho had in his prime for Barcelona.

He's literally scoring goal after goal after goal every. single. game. Including Fifa's Goal of the year last year:

And some more plays here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-fIm-ZLFU&feature=related[/ame]

Look up some Youtube videos of him. I dare say that he's having a much MUCH more skillful season than Messi.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Concertmusic...

Final result of tonight:

Santos 8 - 0 Bolivar

(neymar 2 and ganso 2)

See why I am concerned?! :lol:

Yes I do. Inter choked away their match against Flu. Oh well - now they can concentrate on starting the Serie A strong (or does that sound as much like an excuse as it is ;) )?

Yes I do. Inter choked away their match against Flu. Oh well - now they can concentrate on starting the Serie A strong (or does that sound as much like an excuse as it is ;) )?

Yeah, Fluminense has one of the best teams in the country. I am not surprised they came back against Inter, especially at home. And no, I don't think it's an excuse, as the Brazilian Serie A is the most challenging league in the world, simply because so many teams play at a high level. Last year, there was a difference of 6 points between the 1st and 8th place at one point. Goes to show you, not much of a disparity. For the past few years, the champion is decided at the last round (and there's usually 3 teams with chances of winning it at that point)...

As for the Santos-Bolivar game... the first game in Bolivia was rough for Santos... Bolivar was playing very dirty all throughout the game, the crowd behaved like animals throwing objects in the field (radios, shoes, food, bottles, etc). Add the altitude and Bolivar came out with a surprising win. Santos' players were furious and they said they would give it back "in the field" back at home. Bolivar paid a very high price for "provoking" the beast...

Carolina Dynamo opening night! Downside is that my concert band performs on the same night like every season which means I'm leaving at half time to catch my groups performance. better than nothing. Love working at a football club and watching games on the sidelines or behind a goal... if only it was a paying gig..

If anyone has not yet watched the end of the Man City vs QPR match, and doesn't know the outcome - please watch! You'll become a soccer fan in 5 minutes or less - it does not get any more suspenseful than that!

What a great final match day in the EPL!