Mosh Pits

i love mosh pits...hitting other people is always fun... i wonder where the first mosh pit was??? *goes into flash back sequence*

My boyfriend loves to mosh. He's cracked two teeth, been sprained, bruised, beaten...

Obviously I'm not a fan. I go to shows and I listen to the music. However, I can't go to shows alone because it's so bad around here.

OfManAndMetal said:
i love mosh pits...hitting other people is always fun... i wonder where the first mosh pit was??? *goes into flash back sequence*
There seems to be a very big difference between the pits in the states and the ones in europe i've been to loads of shows and festivals and have never been hurt apart from some fairly minor bruising whereas you guys seem hell bent on beating each other shitless. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong its just the impression i get from people posting here and bands that have toured the states

el barto said:
There seems to be a very big difference between the pits in the states and the ones in europe i've been to loads of shows and festivals and have never been hurt apart from some fairly minor bruising whereas you guys seem hell bent on beating each other shitless. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong its just the impression i get from people posting here and bands that have toured the states

yea.. ive nvr been hurt to bad.. the most that have goten hurt when i go kicked in the head on the ground..when i got knocked over.. that did hurt really bad.. but mainly just bruises or someties cuts.. but i do happen to know that ppl in europe do have more of a passion in music such as metal then ppl in the states.. im not trying to offend ne1 here but its true...just alot of ppl in the states try to impress others.. but ppl these days do it to hurt ppl and to be big and bad.. there r very few ppl who do it for their love of the music.. most of em are just assholes

i never been in a mosh pit.i prefer being seated.i'd stand further to the back if there were no seats.i don't like getting mad.i'm a fan of some music where it is mellow too.

I like being in the mosh most of the time, depending on the music and the crowd. If men want to go beating the shit out of each other I'm all for it so long as they keep it to themselves. I once got punched in the face by some dickweed at an Opeth gig of all things. It was probably accidental that it hit me, but do you really have to go randomly swinging punches in an otherwise sedate mosh.

ya i think its funny when one guy justs snaps and wants to fight anything with two legs and a head... or the drunkin' moshers, their the best...

I love mosh pits they are always fun, but there is always one huge fat man in the middle kicking all the kids I always make a habbit of jumping on his back to show him who's boss but I also love crowd surfing thats best when its a huge crowd and you just get passed along for hours on end.

Metal moshpits are alright. The most violent ones I've seen are at punk shows, most recently at a Suicidal Tendencies concert.