Mosh Pits

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
I just went to a Suffocation, Behemoth, and Cattle Decaptitation concert 2 nights ago... and do you guys have any idea why so many people mosh to these guys.... during cattle decapitation all people did was mosh, and then during behemoth... no one moshed....then suffocation came on and they all moshed to every song to souls to deny, but never anything else....

i am very curious why people mosh to certain things... i personally dont go into the mosh pits because all of the kids who lower their shoulders and want to hurt people... i like to headbang and watch the show they are putting on.

It just reminded me of a nu-metal shows that all they do is have mosh pits...any body have any thoeries about it... is it just that one person starts it and since we are in a big group nobody can think clearly and just start hurting people instead of maybe jumping and hitting the next person.... i dont understand these people.....

I think it's retarded personally, unless it's like a local gig and you just feel like shoving your mate around. But generally, I like to just watch what I payed to see!

Moshing is more the mentally handicapped. They're not cognizant of when they are or are not moshing; it's fairly random.

Hmm, well maybe some songs or bands arnt good to mosh to, I always mosh to the hardass song, I wish I could have been at that concert though man, If only I could have been in that pit.

I dont really have a gripe with moshing at all, I personally dont mosh tho. I only go to shows that I really want to see, and I would much rather get up close and see the show than fuck around in a pit.

When moshing is just moshing I really dont have anything against it at all, what I fucking HATE is when those emo and hardcore faggots get in there and do their "dancing" and start throwing spin kicks and punching and all that fucking garbage. They need to be fucking shot.

I'd have to say, any you guys that are against moshing are fucking pussies. First and moremost moshing, has been around since the early eighties, maybe even before that, and came about from punks not NU-metalers. Once punks started going to thrash shows, metal guys picked it up. Yes the mosh pit is primal, yes the mosh pit doesn't involve thinking, but dude, when you're over come by the power of the almighty riff, some times you must thrash like an athelete. For the most part, moshers are pretty cool. There is a kind of comradre in the pit. If some one goes down, you pick him up, its simple mosh ethics. Now of course there are fucking dick heads, typically skins who are fuckin assholes about it, but for the most part mosh pits are what Exodus describes as "friendly violent fun." Yes, i'm trying push you and knock you around, but I don't really want any one I mosh with to be "injured?" NO. Now given all moshing causes soreness and the occasional elbow in the face, its worth it, because after the song is over, I pat you on the back with a big grin on my face because we both had fun. So to all you guys who don't mosh or are pussies, try it atleast once, I mean fuck dood, live a little.

BTW I do think that hardcore dancing is a new kind of gay cause those kids are just dick whads about it. I push moshed some hardcore kid who took some cheap shots at another guy in the pit. Well his friend attacked me and punched me a couple of times in the head so I know first hand the gay-ity of "dancing."

Moshing is sick. I hate those hardcore faggot kids doing those kung fu and taekwando style of moshing. But I admit I did go to moshing once, and unfortunately my friend lost a tooth. He got elbowed by a big fat moshing guy in the pit. How sad it is cuz he had no money then to go to a dentist so I suggest him to come over our place and let my dad (a dentist) see.

Fuck, I just want to headbang and raise those horns during concerts...

It's simple...people only moshed to Souls to Deny because the people who are there to mosh are too stupid to know about any of Suffocation's back catalog. They didn't mosh to Behemoth because Behemoth has no ties at all to the hardcore scene. They moshed to Cattle Decapitation probably because they thought the name was cool.

Mosh pits are alright. I think that for the most part, it's out of place at a metal show, because most metal bands need your full attention while they play because of the way the music is composed. Hardcore is a different story. That's music pretty much solely made for moshing, and in that environment, its not inappropriate.

AsModEe said:
I wonder if people mosh to Opeth......

This guy kept slamming into everyone at the Opeth a concert I went to a good while ago, and when the last song began, two or three guys moved to the front with glints in their eyes, and got the fag in a headlock and beat the crap out of him. :lol: I found it hilarious.

RosesofShadow said:
Moshing is sick. I hate those hardcore faggot kids doing those kung fu and taekwando style of moshing. But I admit I did go to moshing once, and unfortunately my friend lost a tooth. He got elbowed by a big fat moshing guy in the pit. How sad it is cuz he had no money then to go to a dentist so I suggest him to come over our place and let my dad (a dentist) see.

Fuck, I just want to headbang and raise those horns during concerts...
Precisely. I paid money to watch the band, listen to music, and headbang/give horns. Not to lose a tooth.

I saw the Suffocation-Behemoth-Cattle Decap tour recently and was lauging at the mostly lame attempts at getting a pit going. Usually a few knuckleheads would start running into each other and then a few more would join in. The crowd would clear a space around them and then less than 60 seconds later... they just stopped. Then when the next song started the same thing happened. Quite a few times it was just two guys who must have thought they were gay moose or something, just slamming into each other over and over.

All in all, totally moronic compared to my old hardcore days. Still, the music was :headbang:

noisefan said:
Usually a few knuckleheads would start running into each other and then a few more would join in. The crowd would clear a space around them and then less than 60 seconds later... they just stopped. Then when the next song started the same thing happened.
Yeah, that's what "moshing" is basically at most of the shows I've been to. It's pitiful, really. And fucking ridiculously annoying.

You have to have bled in the pit to say shit about it. I've broken shit, lost blood, everything you can imagine while in the mosh. That's why I don't do it much anymore.

For anyone who thinks moshing is "stupid" or whatever and hasn't done it before, your opinion is FUCKING IRRELEVANT. I personally think the people who stand there and headbang and throw their fists up are fucking ridiculous idiots. If you're going to stand there, then stand there and watch. Don't try to pretend that you're "participating", just accept that you're a puss, go to the back of the room, and watch the fucking show. Actually, don't go to the show at all. Stay home, listen to the album, and look at your posters. Pussies.