Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Wow I can see why you hate metallica now? But Those first 4 albums? In fluenced like EVERYBODY in metal today.

And for realz that new megadeth album is pure trash too...System was alright but holy crap..UA is one of deth's worst. Ill stick to

Rust In Peace
Peace Sells
Countdown and thats basically it for me

The next album...

Well from what I know from the band, the new Metallica album will be epic long songs, very diverse including slowparts, acoustic parts, fast parts etc. It will have fixed snare drum sound, new old school bass player, sober songwriting with no personal issues (Hetfield got control of the band again), leads are back and Hammet has expressed interest in Neo classical style again. Bob ROck is gone, thank the metal Godz.. In a sense Bob Rock was like Wormtongue from LOTR, he just kept feeding them bullshit, and they just kept buying it like they were under some twisted mindwarp spell. The new producer Rick Rubin is telling them "hey that riff sucks throw it away, use that riff instead" type of thing.

The next album...

Well from what I know from the band, the new Metallica album will be epic long songs, very diverse including slowparts, acoustic parts, fast parts etc. It will have fixed snare drum sound, new old school bass player, sober songwriting with no personal issues (Hetfield got control of the band again), leads are back and Hammet has expressed interest in Neo classical style again. Bob ROck is gone, thank the metal Godz.. In a sense Bob Rock was like Wormtongue from LOTR, he just kept feeding them bullshit, and they just kept buying it like they were under some twisted mindwarp spell. The new producer Rick Rubin is telling them "hey that riff sucks throw it away, use that riff instead" type of thing.

From that description the new record is going to be the musical equivalent of Frankenstein.

The next album...

Last edited by a moderator:
You are being silly. Tylenol is not a generic drug just because now there are tons of copies

Alright, here we go. When I made that post, I obviously didn't think of it in the context of when it was released. But why should I have to? It's a mediocre album. The two preceding albums are way better. As far as I'm concerned, the first two albums already cemented the thrashy sound, I don't see why a boring, dull album should be the one to be considered so influential. Go read UltraBoris's review of it on Metal Archives, I believe it's the tenth review down. That review sums up my sentiments.

First off, it is where shit really starts to fall apart for Metallica as a band....They are out of Mustaine riffs, and Hetfield isn't exactly the smartest, cleverest cookie in the box, and he's forced to scramble and improvise, so out comes one bashing thrasher, a few more assorted riffs here and there, and then all kinds of half-assed and half-baked ideas that pretty much do not belong in Heavy Metal....unfortunately, the world caught on to THIS album, this expression of vapidity, and decided that THIS was the way to go.

UltraBoris is a fucking idiot, I'm not sure you know that, and that review is laughable bullshit.

And Their first 4 albums are all easily distinguishable from each other. Master Of Puppets has a maturity not seen on prior albums. I don't care enough to say more, especially considering it really doesn't matter what your opinion on the album is (I'm assuming you hardly listen to any Thrash to begin with or have every sat down with the album and really evaluated it), but I still find it funny that you would use the term "generic" as a criticism of the album.

I love how random people come in with posts only saying "Metallica sucks" and don't give any reason, and they get left alone. I use one word the wrong way and everyone jumps on my back. If UltraBoris is right about anything, it's that Master of Puppets is boring, and undeserving of it's title "innovative". I admit I used the term wrong, I was originally trying to say that it was boring and unspectacular, but then as people replied, I realized that I could also justify using generic as everyone thought I did. And what people still haven't replied to is that I wasn't talking about it in the context of the year 1986. I'm thinking about all the better thrash that's been released after it, regardless of when it was released. Does that make sense?

You guys take everything too literally a lot of the time.

quality =/= originality?

Generic is not a label that can possibly be applied to an original. You can say that it sounds generic (which wouldn't really make sense, hence people tend to use the bullshit phrase "it sounds dated), but the fact of it being original or generic is not a matter of one's personal perspective.