Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

I don't understand all the hype on Master of Puppets, it's really generic sounding. But as far as Metallica goes, I only like Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning. Nothing else.

I honestly agree with Val, here. I think MOP is overrated, but that's based on my tastes expanding over the past few years. I think Kill 'Em All is better.

Master Of Puppets does not sound "generic" due to the fact that nothing sounded quite like it beforehand. You may find it boring and crap and sucky and the like, but it's not really generic.

It came out in the "thrash year" of 1986. No one else quite sounded like Metallica, so why is it generic? I'd say, sure it's boring, but not generic. :p

Master Of Puppets does not sound "generic" due to the fact that nothing sounded quite like it beforehand. You may find it boring and crap and sucky and the like, but it's not really generic.

It created the sound for things to be called generic next to.

It's like saying Bathory is generic black metal.

Master of Puppets Generic? omg Believe me if you were alive back then you would praise it.

That's the thing, I was only a year old when it came out. I never listened to it then. I listened to it in this decade, and compared to the metal now, yes, I find it generic and boring. I don't give a shit if it was so innovative that Frank Zappa got down on his knees and sucked James Hetfield's cock. Today, Master of Puppets is boring, generic, and overrated. End.

MetallicA will aways be legends, they didnt get to do too much with the original lineup, but Hetfield has proven to have talent, he's one of the best rythm guitar players in metal.

I jam to old Metallica sometimes, I like the attitude of them, the crunching riffs, the speed, the melodic harmonized side, the blazing solos, tons of lyrics about death... their shows used to be headbanger mania. Its sucks to see them get so big, they changed yes, did some experimenting with orchestras, blues, and punk. If they still respect metal, then I can still respect them. I would like to see them put out a record that blows away the new Megadeth record, that would be great I have my fingers crossed, all you negative Metallibashers can fuck off.