Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

to the original poster: what's your source of info regarding Diabolical Masquerade? As far as I know, Blakkheim/Anders ended the project a couple of years ago.

hollenthon should be interesting.

New spiral architect? I hope

if frantic bleep doesn't hurry up, their new album will be my most anticipated of 2008

Anders has mentioned it on occasion over on the Katatonia/Bloodbath boards.

Obviously we have vastly differing tastes. Kill blew my mind when I first heard it, and it has one of my favourite songs (Submerged In Boiling Flesh - awesome for singing).

Well, I suppose I should give that album some credit. I mean, I haven't heard much of Corpsegrinder's material and that's mainly my fault. I would imagine it's one of their better efforts with Corpsegrinder

On the BloodBath forum, Blakheim mentioned something about getting a live DM lineup together and a new album.

Moonsorrow just confirmed their new ep "Firestorm" will be out in March

Sculptured has a new one coming out called "Embodiment" in Febuary, and Andy Winter from Winds has joined the band.

Solomon Kane
The Gates Of Slumber
Altar Of Oblivion
Weird Light
Drowned
Corrupt (depending on whether or not it's out before the end of the year)
Necrovation (ditto)
Bloody Sign
Degial
Eviscerated
Saram
Bloodstone (reissue)
God Macabre (reissue)
Cauterizer (reissue)
Pagan Altar (hopefully)
Warning (hopefully)
Hell (reissue)
The Lamp Of Thoth
Cold Mourning (reissue)
Lord Crucifier (reissue)
Fall Of The Idols
Sacrifice (?)
Morbid Insulter
The Puritan
Lord Vicar
Evoken

I might not even know of that many albums that came out in 2007.

the carburetors
rage
exciter
testament
paradox
legion of the damned(re issue of an occult album)
equilibrium

Well, I suppose I should give that album some credit. I mean, I haven't heard much of Corpsegrinder's material and that's mainly my fault. I would imagine it's one of their better efforts with Corpsegrinder

If we discount the vocals, which to be honest are down to personal taste, Cannibal Corpse's music just gets better and better. While I enjoy their older albums, they just don't have the same technicality or brutality they demonstrate now.

And as we all know, brutality is everything in Death Metal.

I'm quite looking forward to Blind Guardian's new release, even if it is just a collection of orchestral tracks.

And it's about time Wintersun released a new album (pardon the pun). I heard that he has 100+ layers of recording on each track, and I'm interested to hear what exactly that means for this album. But if it's anything like Blind Guardian's A Night at the Opera, then I won't be listening to it very often.