Most Epic Intro of All Time

"Progenies" was THE song that popped into my head when I saw the thread title. It makes a good opening song for WREKage and I've used it pretty often for that...most recently, two weeks ago. :)

This. Sirius/XM played both songs together, as they should be, last week, and I suddenly realized where I'd heard the phrase "ashes of dreams and blood-stained streets" before. Really awesome intro.

I remember seeing the vid and thinking "Woah! SOMEONE spent some money on this!" :lol:

they even used it in the HELLBOY movie trailer.

Chills....

It just becomes something so great

A guilty pleasure

or [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk60gjZeVeI&feature=fvst[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this thread went this long without

Easily around the top three of my favorite metal intros.

I'm also surprised at the lack of

Which is also amazing.

I orignally forgot

Which song I am absolutely hooked on right now. That intro give me chills every time I hear it. If Ihsahn only plays that song and walks off stage, I think the show would still be very worthy.

I realized I forgot some, though for my money it still doesn't get better than hallowed Be Thy Name.

Wagner was a genius

I had another in mind last night but I'm going to shoot myself sicne I can't remember it now. :yell:

Personally, I absolutely love the intro to END OF LIGHT by Dreamscape.

Actually I love the fuck out of that whole song but..... LOL

Another epic intro: Epica, "Consign to Oblivion: ”A New Age Dawns” Part III". LOOOOVE that one and I don't think it's been mentioned yet.

That's the one I tried posting upthread, but the link didn't take. :( It's fantastic and definitely qualifies.

eta: yup, just pasted the whole link and it's still not working. D'oh.