Most godawfully mediocre commercial rock band

Who is the most mind-numbingly infuriating?

• Foo Fighters

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Live

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Nickelback

Votes: 58 77.3%

• Total voters
All crap!

But....

There´s always the hope that Dave Grohl is gonna make Foo Fighters more interesting. He IS capable of making good music, which was obvious with the Probot album.

has anyone heard "big rockstar" that chad scroat-er of nickelback wrote? Raves about being rich,"going to the coolest bars" quote on quote, mansion in the hollywood hills etc etc
WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!

but my choices for overrated are as follows:
AUDIOSLAVE(2 great groups combined that could never blend)
VELVET REVOLVER(again..same thing but audioslave sucks worse)

I vote for Nickelback because of their immensely and obviously formulaic songwriting, but Foo Fighters are close behind despite having produced a few good songs. What someone said about U2 earlier, though, I totally agree. They are the absolute most fucking pretentious band to ever exist. I mean, really, $12,000 for front-row tickets to a concert? And aren't they trying to support the poor, starving people around the world? Argh.

Anyway, most alt. rock bands after 1990 fit into this category. After the grunge movement got more popular, it became stale very quickly. Grunge was pretty stale to begin with.

:) How anyone can put them in the same category as Nickelback when they've written songs like New Year's Day; Bad; I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For; Heartland; Lemon; etc. is ridiculous.
Being pretentious does not mean you make bad music. Making bad music means you make bad music.

Yeah I chose those 3 bands for a reason. I didn't choose U2 because they were significant in their day. The three I chose were never significant, but they're all very popular and have been going for years and have had many hits. I figured Nickelback would probably be winning, but I thought it would be a bit closer tbh.

Nickelback easily. They're bubblegum commercial rubbish all around.

Foo Fighters are probably bad, but I haven't listened to enough of them to know.

I also haven't heard much of Live, but I was actually under the impression they'd probably be pretty good. Lightning Crashes is a fucking amazing and classic rock song no matter how the rest of their music is sliced. That one song alone should exempt them from a poll such as this.

Have to disagree here... U2 have made some great tracks.

I would say that all of them were pre-2000 though. The new music that they put out sucks.

I hate the image that surrounds U2, especially Bono. Blah blah blah humanitarian blah blah blah. Nobody mentions that Bruce Dickinson flew British citizens out of Lebanon when war broke out. If Bono did that, it would have been all over the news.

Nickelback...uggh, I can't work a single day without hearing them at least eight times on the radio.

I'll admit, I do enjoy one of their videos...the one live video in Portugal where people are booing and throwing things at them.

Nickelback, definately. I honestly can't tell any of the songs apart.

thank you! i voted Nickelback...i think the same thing. all of their songs sound exactly alike to me, not to mention that means that ALL of them suck extremely bad :puke:

i also agree with the RIPDime05 dude when he talked about the "big rockstar" song...i almost threw up a little when i heard it for the first time. those are quite possibly the WORST lyrics to ever have graced a radio. i think they even tried to rhyme "mansion" with "mansion"...losers

Hey, Sabbath managed to very successfully rhyme "masses" with "masses", but... Oh god, I just referred to fucking Black Sabbath in the same context as NickelbrokeBackmountain. I'm really sorry.

Hey, Sabbath managed to very successfully rhyme "masses" with "masses", but... Oh god, I just referred to fucking Black Sabbath in the same context as NickelbrokeBackmountain. I'm really sorry.

haha! yeah they don't belong anywhere near the vicinity of Sabbath.