most solid metal album of 2007 so far?

I've only got:

Watain - Sworn to the Dark
and
Finntroll - Ur Jordens Djup

is finntrolls new singer any good? i was a bit scared when i heard the other one got fired i was afraid theyd get some crap singer to replace him.... i gotta buy that album

can i get descriptions of:
Demiurg

thnks

Demiurg sound like Ribspreader done in an earlier SweDM style with a LOT of good atmosphere, a cool concept from what you can make out from the lyrics, etc., some keyboard parts (very subtle, don't worry about wankery, nothing of the sort) by Dan and some very good use of restrained (non-gay!) melody. Do yourself a favor and check it out. The song on their MySpace is one of the least best, however.

Demiurg sound like Ribspreader done in an earlier SweDM style with a LOT of good atmosphere, a cool concept from what you can make out from the lyrics, etc., some keyboard parts (very subtle, don't worry about wankery, nothing of the sort) by Dan and some very good use of restrained (non-gay!) melody. Do yourself a favor and check it out. The song on their MySpace is one of the least best, however.

will do. ta

loving onslaughts new album - Killing Peace,playin it flat out

"spitting blood on the face of godddddddddddddddd"

Yeah, its a really good album, imo. One of the best releases of the year, to be sure. The Vital Remains - Icons of Evil is also really, really good - no matter what that miserable old fucker Dodens might say:p

Demiurg - Breath of the Demiurg
Mithras - Behind The Shadows Lie Madness
Pain of Salvation - Scarsick
Mael Mordha - s/t
Neurosis - Given To The Rising
Vo Skorbyah - s/t
Jesu - Sundown/Sunrise

RJD2 - The Third Hand
Darkestrah - Epos
Lifelover - Erotik
Manegarm - Vargstenen
Moonsorrow - V: Havitetty
Watain - Sworn To The Dark

I guess Andacht and Breath of the Demiurg are the best I have heard so far. However, every metal release will pale in comparison to the Alcest debut once it is released in the summer.

I definately agree, Alcest's debut will doubtlessly be the album of the year. Hell, album of the decade perhaps :)

So far I haven't listened to anything that is outstanding but there have been a few have caught my attention.

Naglfar, "Harvest"
Shining, "V - Halmstad"
Akercocke, "Antichrist"

also...
Lunar Aurora, "Andacht"
N.I.L., "N.I.L."

I've also checked out a great number of fairly good releases, but those ones stand out aove the rest though I'm probably forgetting a bunch and there have been a few minor disappointments along the way but I'm sure the year, as always, will get better by the second half.

So far I haven't listened to anything that is outstanding but there have been a few have caught my attention.

Naglfar, "Harvest"
Shining, "V - Halmstad"
Akercocke, "Antichrist"

also...
Lunar Aurora, "Andacht"
N.I.L., "N.I.L."

Harvest is pretty good, but doesn't come close to Ryden-era Naglfar.

N.I.L. is some good stuff, too.

Harvest is pretty good, but doesn't come close to Ryden-era Naglfar.

N.I.L. is some good stuff, too.

I do like Harvest, but I was disappointed with it a little bit. I enjoy both vocalists, I think Kristoffer's vocals are a bit harsher in voice, and more hate-filled but I like Jens' more vicious non-stop vocal attack. The Profundi debut album was also pretty good as well. Both good vocalists :kickass:

And so far though, if I was to rate all the albums I've heard from this year, I don't think I've got one that would equal a 9/10 or more. I basically critique every album I listen to, and Naglfar's music is a bit personal to me so I might have "Harvest" ranked number 1, with about an 8.5/10, possibly higher.

Naglfar's guitar sound was more to my liking on earlier Naglfar albums. The last two, they seemed to have lost their viciousness, just as it did in the vocal department.

Harvest is an enjoyable album, but I'll take Diabolical any day.

So far the three I like are:

1) Sonata Arctica - Unia.
2) Grave Digger - Liberty or Death.
3) Kamelot - Ghost Opera.

I am really pleased with Sonata's album, as it indicates they are departing from the 'happy metal' style to go for a more Progressive one. Grave Digger delivered as usual, nothing new, but nothing bad either. And Kamelot's offering, although good, was a step backward from 'The Black Halo.

I am expecting Symphony X to top all these though. In SymX do my hopes lie, chiefly, as far as album of the year is concerned (for me anyway).