Most Talented Band Ever?

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
what band do you think is the most talented considering all of the musicians in the band and rating them in terms of songwriting, technical proficiency, creativity, etc...?

I think it is symphony x - I would rate the vocalist, guitarist, keyboardist, and bassist all in my top 5 top 10 best in metal

listen to emerson, lake, and palmer and then tell me PF is "obviously the most talented"

I have listen to them and yes they are above talented, but I would take Wish You Were Here any fucking day over Brain Salad Surgery. Stop acting as if I don't know what I'm talking about and haven't thought this shit out because I can gurrantee I know way more than you do about music.

I have listen to them and yes they are above talented, but I would take Wish You Were Here any fucking day over Brain Salad Surgery. Stop acting as if I don't know what I'm talking about and haven't thought this shit out because I can gurrantee I know way more than you do about music.

I don't have a problem with you saying PF is the most talented band ever, but you are telling me that they are leaps and bounds more talented than every other 70's prog band? are you fucking kidding me?

This thread is really generic...and in terms of most talented I can't really think up one, because that would take both astounding technical ability and creative ability together in one and that is an extremely hard thing to find. Plus they would have to stand up against the test of time, so I really don't know, but yeah this kind of thread pops up all the time and people just put some band they really like and don't think of technicality or anything.

edit: And prog rock doesn't take a lot of fucking talent.