Most Talented Band Ever?

I think jazz is often more difficult than prog.

Yea Jazz can be more difficult, so I did over blow prog a lil, but still. It's very hard to play in the times that many prog bands do. It's also very hard to incorporate fusion within their music while not flying off the handle.

Jazz > Classical > Blues > Prog Rock > Metal > Rock as I see it.

I always thought classical was the most advanced/complex/technically demanding genre, but I don't know nearly as much about it as you guys do

Classical gets a little too much credit because a lot of it shared a lot of the same pitfalls as modern popular music (regarding clone artists, selling out, etc), but it is very difficult to compose music for an entire orchestra and thus deserves most of the respect it gets. Still, I think plenty of modern bands have just as much (and even more) creativity than classical composers. It's just that the popular style has changed. We'll probably continue to see this trend and people will look back on the twentieth century with the same hindsight that we do.

The fact that someone that does not play an instrument would come into a thread making something out to be easy and spouting their mouth off about something they have no idea about is pretty arrogant.

Since we're off metal, the correct answer is Led Zeppelin. Page is a good as any guitarist and his compositions were exquisite. Bonham is hands down the best drummer of the era, Plant is a brilliant vocalist and Jones is an underrated bass player. In terms of consistency, originality and ability, they are unrivalled.

But I agree Floyd, Yes, Rush etc would be close behind.

Looking at metal, it's a lot harder because there's not as much longevity or consistency. So for that reason I wouldn't name Cynic or Dream Theater because essentially they had one good album each. Maybe Nile? Arcturus?

Since we're off metal, the correct answer is Led Zeppelin. Page is a good as any guitarist and his compositions were exquisite. Bonham is hands down the best drummer of the era, Plant is a brilliant vocalist and Jones is an underrated bass player. In terms of consistency, originality and ability, they are unrivalled.

Looking at metal, it's a lot harder because there's not as much longevity or consistency. So for that reason I wouldn't name Cynic or Dream Theater because essentially they had one good album each. Maybe Nile? Arcturus?

Zep. is fucking great. Plant is my all time favorite vocalist and John Bonham is just incredible.

in death metal terms I would say it is early morbid angel, pete sandoval, trey azagtoth and dave vincent are all top notch IMO

suffocation isn't far behind either, every member of the band is phenomenal at what they do. Death 93-98 always had phenomenal musicians (especially on TSOP).

Pagan's mind is also tremendously talented (especially in guitars, vocals, and keys - all 3 are as good as it gets when it comes to prog/power)