• The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • By The Pain I See In Others

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Hope Leaves

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
By the pain I see in others.

It's a fact that people who state something different have no brain at all.

I know it's not on the list, and I know others have already mentioned it, but I vote Dirge for November. It always gets put down as one of the weaker/weakest track on Blackwater Park, but to my ears it's definitely one of the best. And it just keeps growing on me all the time.

Utterly fantastic track.

Katabasis said:
I know it's not on the list, and I know others have already mentioned it, but I vote Dirge for November. It always gets put down as one of the weaker/weakest track on Blackwater Park, but to my ears it's definitely one of the best. And it just keeps growing on me all the time.

Utterly fantastic track.
it's clearly the best song on 'Blackwater Park' along with Harvest...

Dirge for November is the most underrated Opeth song. The ending of that song is extremely beautiful.

I hate dirge for november. In fact, I hate tracks 4-7 on Blackwater Park. The Amen Corner for the winner of my favorite on the list. It's always been one of my top 5.

Dirge for November is an incredible song. The beginning is very warm, the guitars in the "second movement" in the distortion is absolutely perfect and gives me chills and the chromatic chords and menacing growl harmonies is incredible, and the end is chilling and haunting, like an eerie morning in the forest and the landscape is draped with fog.

How can this song not be liked?

Nectar is VERY under rated. So under-rated, in fact, nobody bothered mentioning it being under-rated. So is "Into the Frost of Winter" but it's the worst Opeth song hands down, so nobody should care about it anyways.

By the Pain I See in Others is great, and it's the one I choose on this meddling list. Definitly quite under rated.

Looking for a Job said:
here's the actual list of songs from each album no one talks about much:

orchid
under the weeping moon
twilight is my robe
apostle in triumph

morningrise
nectar

mayh
madrigal
still life
maybe godhead's lament
face of melinda

blackwater park
dirge for november
still day beneath the sun

deliverance
for absent friends
by the pain i see in others

damnation
death whispered a lullaby
to rid the disease

if you don't agree with me, you're wrong

Pretty accurate. Maybe replace To Rid the Disease with Ending Credits. Pretty much any Orchid song besides In Mist... or Silhouette isn't talked about much ever.

Looking for a Job said:
here's the actual list of songs from each album no one talks about much:

orchid
silhouette
Into the Frost of Winter

morningrise
nectar

mayh
madrigal
still life
Serenity Painted Death

blackwater park