• The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • By The Pain I See In Others

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Hope Leaves

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
Alternative 3 said:
how, wreath is a shit song probablt one of thier worst, and deliverance is over hyped.

Listen to "Into the Frost of Winter" before you say that.

Wreath rocks, nice, coherent structure, very unique, all great solo's, a very haunting and eerie mood, and the mellotrons and middle eastern percussion make it nice.

I agree with everyone who mentioned Dirge for Novembre. The atmosphere in that song is great. Actually, it's one of the first songs where I said to myself "wow, the growls really do work well and I wouldn't like the song as much with out them."

As far as songs from your poll... I guess I'd go with Hope Leaves. Definitly a top 3 from Damnation, and that little solo about a minute in just owns my face off.

wwallinga said:
White Cluster is underrated on Still Life. It's tough to pick one from that album (since it is their best) but, again, in my experience, White Cluster doesn't get much support on the board.

White Cluster is their best song.

mh, i'd say 'the amen corner' yea, the build up, the lyrics, the solos and especially the part around 'eerie circles above the waters' damn own...

i wonder why everyone is such a fan of dirge for nevember. the intro and outro are good but there's nothing worth mentioning inbetween imo...

wwallinga said:
That's because you spend too much time talking and not enough listening.

People on this board are afraid of opinions. I'm guessing that's because the average age in here is about 19. Too busy shaping the peach-fuzz on their chins into ball-bag ticklers.

Let me rephrase.

Pick a song on any album that is not the best song on the album, but it's also not the worst. Ya know - kinda in the middle? Now, tell us one of those songs that you really like.

Well put. I think people get too offended by personal opinions. Especially NineFeetUnderground. This is a place to discuss opinion, not to bash others for sharing thoughts.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
i wonder why everyone is such a fan of dirge for nevember. the intro and outro are good but there's nothing worth mentioning inbetween imo...
Yeah thank you. You're right the intro and outro are the two best points of that song, but the thing is I don't even like the way they sound, which makes it a shit song.

Wow, i never knew so many others liked Dirge so much...its one of my top Opeth songs, but it never really gets that much praise. Simple, but emotive, with in my mind some of the best opeth lyrics around, and excellent growls.

And Wreath is the best song on Deliverance.

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
because the part inbetween is by far the best part on the whole BWP.

back to topic: Amen Corner for sure. but where is Ending Credits? it is easily the most underrated song from Damnation!