Movies/series thread

Because I liked snowpiercer I watched another movie by this director, The Host (2006). I usually like japanese and korean style and this time is no different, would recommend, its hard to classify though, its neither horror nor comedy. It's a strange mix

The Host is a pretty awesome movie I think. It is a bit of an odd mix I agree, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

But as I said, i wouldnt really call it horror just because there is a monster there. You have to see it for yourself to understand :)

Finished last season of Homeland yesterday. Pretty good, really enjoyed everything so far. (except the last ep, it was anticlimatic).

Flash sucked. Nothing good about it. Poor production, poor cast, poor plots.

Really like True Detective. It's genuinely good and not just something that got some hype. Going to do a weekend binge re-watch soon.

I have soon finished season 4 of Breaking Bad. Its great. I just wish Walter would kill his retarded son, all scenes with him just drags and drags.

Yeah I didn't like the family drama either, though it's a cool show. But the way they depict crime is a little strange... I mean you don't just meet up at a garbage site and talk about deals like that :lol:

Archer. Absolutely the best fucking TV series on right now.

I watched a season and a half of it. I don't know what it is but there's just something about it that is off to me - I want to like it but I can't really

I forgot to mention Spartacus (Blood and Sand, Gods of the Arena) in my first post, this is also a awesome series! I liked every bit of it, spectucalur action/fighting scenes, really hot women, everything depicted in all its rawness, not for pussies, great series!

13904076361212625420.jpg

:kickass:

Right now I'm watching Marco Polo on Netflix, really cool as well, only the final episode left to watch, probably tonight.

I had a lot of trouble getting into Spartacus. I only got a few episodes in and got sick of how fake it looked, and so far the story and characters could not redeem that for me. I might try again some time.

martijn: couldn't finish spartacus due to the (understandable, considering the circumstances) change of the main actor among other things. the prequel and the first season were great though!
Change of the lead was indeed quite necessary and unavoidable ;) I didn't mind his successor, he was a bit more the 'righteous' type, but I liked him.
Spartacus was mostly good the first two seasons before the bombardment of los retardos CGI el mediocro

I had a lot of trouble getting into Spartacus. I only got a few episodes in and got sick of how fake it looked, and so far the story and characters could not redeem that for me. I might try again some time.
I agree, there's a lot of effects and the actors all look like steroid-bombs, but if you take it for what it is, it's good i.m.o. The 'fakeness' got less as the series progressed, but I really liked the Sin City/300 style effects, some of the deaths were just so damn brutal even I couldn't have come up with them :D Also the drama/intrigue is very strong i.m.o. it's so nasty it just has to get under your skin.