Movies/series thread

Not available in Sweden, but here it is.
Looks pretty cool, and Mike from Breaking Bad is in it, that alone is a reason to give it a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's on Syfy it's generally not worth watching. I don't care how much they try to push it, they have built a reputation for horrendous movies and almost seem to revel in their awfulness. I can't take original programming from Syfy seriously even if they are trying to market this as a leap in quality. If it comes out and fans and critics rave about how amazing it is I'll try it but for now I am very skeptical. :)

It's not a science fiction movie (I assume syfy means that?) and I doubt it'll be on TV for a few years. It's a pretty big budget movie, 100 million dollars budget at least I think

I just realized you thought I was talking about The Nightcrawler. :lol:. I was responding to Qth's post about the Expanse.

The Expanse is Syfy network's new series and since that network is known for creation horrible original content I am suspicious of it. Syfy is pushing it to be their entry in high-end TV like AMC, HBO FX and apparently the History channel now.

And to be clear I love Sci-fi :)

Oh shit well I'm super tired so fu :lol:

I also love sci-fi but that show really looks terrible. I watched a few shows from CW and those are crappy also. Terrible acting, writing, editing... Just bad all around. I'll wait for House of Cards coming on netflix in two weeks :kickass:

If it's on Syfy it's generally not worth watching. I don't care how much they try to push it, they have built a reputation for horrendous movies and almost seem to revel in their awfulness. I can't take original programming from Syfy seriously even if they are trying to market this as a leap in quality. If it comes out and fans and critics rave about how amazing it is I'll try it but for now I am very skeptical. :)

It isn't original content as it is based off the book series, so they are not making the story, it is already in place with the authors being directly involved with filming and everything else. They were on set the whole time.

could never watch more than 20 mins of it. one day i will try again.

It's fucking epic. The pilot and the second episode are pretty much "wasted" in character buildup but god damn it takes off. I binge watched the entire thing in 1 day.

Just finished watching Vikings. I thought that Kattegat was an ocean and not a city and I also thought Denmark had zero mountains and I also thought Svend Tveskæg lived 200 years after Ragnar Lodbrok :lol:

But other than that it is a pretty cool show. I am looking forward to season 3 in two weeks :)

Today I watched Joe (2013) with nick cage and holy shit, if not for the english subs i wouldnt understand half the shit theyre sayin. Even with the subs i was like "there is no fuckin way he just said that". I wouldnt be surprised if even native speakers struggled with it.

Finished Breaking Bad a while ago, epic last leason. Best tv-show I have seen.
Started wathing Suits, characters are a bit "too cool" sometime and the acting is so so from time to time but its pretty awesome.
And hot chicks! :)

Breaking Bad is definitely among the best shows ever and is in my top 3 favourites.

After trying to get through Sons of Anarchy twice and stopping at the end of season 5 out of boredom both times I have come to the conclusion that it is overrated. It is a good show but by the end of Season 5 I have had enough. I cant stick with it for the full series, hell I only like maybe two characters, the rest are annoying over time.

Well, BB was amazing, i was refusing to jump on its bandwagon and I watched all episodes in 10 days after it stopped airing. No regrets.

I cant seem to find a good show now. Walking Dead is nice, i especially like the character development episodes, but majority hates it. I got bored with GoT, too many changes and "khaleesi" is just pissing me off. And this season will again be all about her probably. And I heard there is no lady stoneheart, so fuck this.

Is this american horror story any good? People say its scary, but i saw some clips and it just looks ridiculous. Some guy in rubber bdsm suit (if you have a dick, please, dont wear it, it looks disgusting, thanks) beating the shit out of somebody. Lol, no.