Movies that make you cry or well up in emotion

The Armageddon always makes me cry. I can't understand why - I usually hate films like that.

And The Lion King. Oh my.

And of course all Lord of the Rings movies. Especially Return of the King, gosh, if you'd only seen me in the premiere..

Jennie said:
The Armageddon always makes me cry. I can't understand why - I usually hate films like that.

And The Lion King. Oh my.

And of course all Lord of the Rings movies. Especially Return of the King, gosh, if you'd only seen me in the premiere..

Return eh? Wow... that one jsut made my cry out in triumph!

I've seen scant mention of "Forrest Gump"...one of the most heartbreaking, yet moving pictures I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Seriously, if you're a one-dimensional simpleton who saw the trailer and dismissed it as the story of a retard on a bench, you should definitely re-evaluate your perception after WATCHING the actual film.

Others that I can recollect: "Edward Scissorhands," "Happiness"(though sorrowful in a sickening rather than moving way), "Adaptation," "The Crow," "Life is Beautiful," "Y Tu Mama Tambien," and although it isn't a film, certain episodes of the anime series, "Cowboy Bebop," never fail to choke me up.

Ah! What was I thinking!? I can't believe I neglected to awknowledge "Casablanca" and "Cinema Paradiso," quite possibly the two most beautifully-somber and touching films in existence! It's incredible how such a non-contemporary film as "Casablanca" can remain so timeless, and as effective as it was when initially released in 1943.

Firelight. I fucking wept!
Repulsion. It's simply genious, one of the best movies I've seen all my life; and it's creepy and disturbing! For me it's not easy to watch, because I can identify with the main character. But I LOVE it!!!
[edit] Doctor Zihvago (sp?) -damn, how could I forget it!

Life is Beautiful really made me cry... and The Lion King, too. The ending of The Godfather III also made me cry when Mary dies and her last word is "Dad?" especially cuz she was very upset with him, too. :cry: